what was OEM here left of wheel on '93 HDJ80 (Costa Rican vehicle)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

What is missing?

The two spots above the mirror are allocated to headlight washer and fog light.
Below the mirror controls the space is for the hand throttle which you can get from Slee offroad. The headlight washers are useful but not needed. Foglights you can just add anything. The hand throttle is something I use very regularly.

Thank you. I'm going down to Costa Rica on Saturday and will look under dash to see if other components of hand throttle system are there. Not sure if car was originally equipped with it or not. If it was equipped not sure why it woudl be missing. Maybe the cable broke or something? I've go to look at it.

The two spots above the mirror are allocated to headlight washer and fog light.
Below the mirror controls the space is for the hand throttle which you can get from Slee offroad. The headlight washers are useful but not needed. Foglights you can just add anything. The hand throttle is something I use very regularly.

Hand throttle is on the right side at the knee, at least from factory and on mine

LChandthrottle010.jpg

OK. Now that I think about it there is a knob on the right side of my wheel like klueffer posted. I'll have to try it this week but I'm sure the Swamp Donkey does have the hand throttle over there.

So back to original question - what goes in the vacant spot under mirror control? It is a diesel so not for a choke, right?

OK. Now that I think about it there is a knob on the right side of my wheel like klueffer posted. I'll have to try it this week but I'm sure the Swamp Donkey does have the hand throttle over there.

So back to original question - what goes in the vacant spot under mirror control? It is a diesel so not for a choke, right?

Petrol engines with a carb: they have a choke
Petrol engines with EFI: throttle control
Diesel engines: throttle control

Should be nothing there. Should be a plug that covers the hole.

Reactions: ppc
Except that there is a throttle control on right side of wheel so diesel (at least my diesel) does not have it in the left side.

Well, I'm putting new driving lights on so this is a perfect place for the switch. Thanks again for the help.

My 1992 HZJ80 has a PO-installed Wilson switch there- does this truck have a working glow system?

All my dash lights are out...but it's a poverty pack HZJ80 with a total of 3 gauges, so I'm not sure how many dash indicators this thing rolled out of the factory with in the first place.

Regardless, your truck is awesome. It looks like it has been well maintained and ready for adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom