What type of offer would it take for you to sell. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

465589566175f2912c2643b42ffee7c0.jpg

"Forty thou, cash on the barrelhead."

I've told a couple of people that. You either want it more than I do, or you don't, bottom line.

Like a lot of people here, I have a ton of time and cash in the rig. I had it since 95- it finished college( they said I could leave after 2 years!) with me and took me across the country and then some. It was my passionate daily driver until the reality of gas prices drove me to a Tercel and it got sidelined. Then it sat in the yard for 14 years til life was ready to play with it again. Now it has under gone it’s second heart transplant and changed color. My finger prints are on every bit of this here machine. How much am I into it- I’d rather not think about that number. Could stupid money sway me?? Possibly, but I don’t know where that line is.

I find it a little funny how there are hundreds of fj40’s on the market that are soo overpriced, and they sit on the market forever, mean while everyone who owns one thinks its gold?? So everyone post up there rusty, cut fenders, sbc, drum brakes, after market seats,spoke wheels,etc!!! 20k??? An fj40 is worth whatever someone will pay for it?? These gas station offers are bull****!!! Show me some real deal 40 sales!!!!! The market is so stupid right now!!! Of course there are the money no object buyers, but they are few and far between… rant over, just want to hear REAL sales, not I was offered 15k more than I paid for it 2 months ago😜

I find it a little funny how there are hundreds of fj40’s on the market that are soo overpriced, and they sit on the market forever, mean while everyone who owns one thinks its gold?? So everyone post up there rusty, cut fenders, sbc, drum brakes, after market seats,spoke wheels,etc!!! 20k??? An fj40 is worth whatever someone will pay for it?? These gas station offers are bulls***!!! Show me some real deal 40 sales!!!!! The market is so stupid right now!!! Of course there are the money no object buyers, but they are few and far between… rant over, just want to hear REAL sales, not I was offered 15k more than I paid for it 2 months ago😜

You are correct, it is only what someone will pay. Places like Hagerty really look into the market. Why, because they have a business all around cars. There could be vehicles sold at a much higher offer than purchase. I watch Pawn stars and they are rich based on this type of deal. Buy low and sell high because the seller was either uneducated OR needing the money, right now. I trust Hagerty the most because they follow all markets AND private sales to gain statistics on market trend. Also, overpriced is subjective as always.

Hagerty222.JPG

the value of my 40 to me cannot be measured in $s - in fact, the most valuable and important things in life do not come with $ stickers

yet, it's just a hunk of metal and I won't be able to drive it into the grave :meh:

I had never planned for a relationship like this :steer:, so I have no idea how it might end

Private sales??? They dont know about any of my private sales?? They are going off of auction results, and we all know thats a rich mans game!

Please look. ( Peer to Peer sales are the private market).

I just want to smoke a little of whatever the guy was smoking that offered you $50,000 for a 1974 FJ40 with a Cadillac V8 and auto transmission.
When people "offer" to buy one of my vehicles, the things I do are to (1) look in his hands (for the cash, which I've seen ONCE!!) and (2) look at what he's driving.. More often than not the person is driving some "beater" that he can't afford to fix/repair.. which means, he can't afford to "Buy", either..
Charles 1974 FJ40.

Seems like a chat topic to me. What’s tech here?

Why would you even consider selling a Landcruiser?
You know, more people than I can count regretted selling a Land cruiser. I have even had people leave notes under wipers asking to buy mine as the regretted selling theirs.

Oh i certainly know all about it!

Its important to keep adding to the herd.......

4 Bj60's
3 Hj60's
1 Fj40

... in the past 4 months.

When i actually try and count how many i own, i get lost in Landcruiser bliss before a # reveals itself.

What's that worth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom