What to replace/inspect while 1FZ-FE is out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About to pull the engine out of a ‘97 LX450 for a rebuild. Other than the usual suspects (pumps, hoses, seals, belts etc.), what are some things that I will have access to in the engine bay that I should check and replace or rebuild? Anything notorious for needing attention? PHH already done. Already planning to pull the rear heater and bypass. Gonna do the Slee dual battery washer bottle move while it is out. Firewall seals?

Last edited:
Replace engine mounts; reinforce the frame at the steering gearbox mount.

Engine mounts for sure. They are the devil to do with the engine in the vehicle. Driver's side is quite often separated or on its way out.

Separating1.jpg
Separating2.jpg

are you pulling just the engine or the whole package? the rear heater lines are something that cannot be done with the drivetrain in the vehicle. for sure check those out.

are you pulling just the engine or the whole package? the rear heater lines are something that cannot be done with the drivetrain in the vehicle. for sure check those out.
Engine will be rebuilt. Transmission and transfer case will be removed but not rebuilt. Just new seals.

Last edited:
^^^ Huh? How is that happening? The transfer case just hangs off the end of the transmission.
Sorry. I meant leaving the transfer case alone, not being rebuilt. It will be out and set aside during rebuild. That should give access to the heater lines.

If your doing gears in the T-case, Do a 2wd conversion. Not that hard to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom