What to get: 2003 LX470 or LC? I'm ready to pull the trigger... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this board, been browsing this awesome site for the past 3-4 months as I've been looking for a new Landcruiser. Tons of things to learn and read up here. This place is great!

Like the other posters before me, I was interested in purchasing an 80 series, but for my DD needs, I felt the 100 series suited my purpose more. I like the power of the V8 motor. Over the weekend, I came across two vehicles that I really like. Here are my options:

1) 2003 Land Cruiser - 95k miles (Black w/ tan leather), NAV, recent 90k tune up done (all records) priced at $19k.

Interior and exterior on this are perfect.

2) 2003 LX470 - 22k miles (Black on blk), NAV, Mark Levinson, all options (including night vision) with all records priced at $27k.

Interior is perfect though exterior has some scratches on rear bumper and edges on the front doors.

*Thoughts on whether the LX with lower miles and options is worth the extra dough? This will be my DD plus a few trips a year to the snow and camping. Any input and experience would help.

Thanks!
DL

I'd go with the landcruiser. The 90K is done. And you can do ALOT of mods untill you get to 27K.

But, like most would say.. Do what you can afford.

The one good thing on the lx470's is the ahc ( in terms of adding wieght)

1loudlx has added a few hundred pounds to his rig and still hasn't done a lift. Just adjusted to sensors. Where if he has done it with a lc. He would of been low-riding by now.

I like the look of the lc better. I could be a tad biased though

Welcome to mud by the way. 100 series are the bomb :)

Thanks. I plan to make a decision soon. I definitely can save a bit of dough on the LC. The appealing part of the LX to me is that it only has 22k miles. That's practically brand new. Though the LC owner seemed to be more meticulous with the TLC vs the Lexus.

Low miles can sometimes be a problem too. I bought a very low mile 60 series and had just as many issues as a higher mile truck. You could likely get either for a little lower, $27k seems steep, even for the miles.

The one good thing on the lx470's is the ahc ( in terms of adding wieght)

1loudlx has added a few hundred pounds to his rig and still hasn't done a lift. Just adjusted to sensors. Where if he has done it with a lc. He would of been low-riding by now.

Two things:

One, AHC can only handle so much weight without swapping t-bars/rear springs. If you add more armor, you have less payload capacity.

Two, I've not touched my sensors at all.

SWUtah, can you elaborate more on why? Thanks.

I've owned a 98 Landcruiser with 50K miles on it and I've owned 2 LX470's both 2004's (long story). Current LX has around 50K miles on it. The newer LX is a much nicer vehicle. I like the AHC on the LX, I had to put Bilsteins on my 98 LC which helped but the LX is safer with the advanced traction controls and that is important when you are driving a SUV. They also cured the cracked exhuast manifold problems in the 2003 and newer LC/LX's. The LX has nicer materials. Plus that one with only 22K miles is a steal wow almost new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom