What to do (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:doh:

I love this truck. 83 4x4 SR5. I couldn't get it to pass smog anymore. I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on repairs/upgrades yada yada. Blows oil out the tail pipe. Never breaks down though. It needs a person who knows how to work on it. That's not me. I bought a new truck 2003 ext 4x4 taco trd. I'm happy with it. I want to sell the 83 but I don't think I will get anything near what I've put into it. :crybaby: I know, nothing new.:meh: I honestly can't spend a dollar more on the money pit. :bang: What would you do?

Dizzy
IMG_0451.jpg

Put it in a box and send it out to me. I would give a body part to have that thing, I *love* that body style. No smog testing out here either.

just pay the guy at the station a bribe to pass it :meh:

For maximum $$$, part it out. For maximum fun, hard core rock crawler.:D

500$ will get you a running 22re bet you could even get a 22r for cheaper.

man that thing is pretty

Thanks guys,

I live in Alaska. Logistics is a mutha. I recently had the engine rebuilt by a monkey who didn't fix any of the issues. To make a long story short I will never let him touch my truck ever again.
I can't find any mechanics up here who know what they are doing or even know how to work on a carburetor for that matter. I have bad carburetor issues, high carbon monoxide and mad oil consumption. Hey no leaks though! The other thing is I have no garage. And working :wrench: on your truck at 20 below sucks.

Downey ceramic header, 2 1/4 exhaust, primo battery, homebrew beefy bumper, s***ty engine rebuild, new clutch, air conditioning:beer:, 31 BFG AT's with tread on super heavy steelies. Runs good, just a gross polluter.

How much you think I could get?

On a side note. I wonder if this was the previous life of my truck. My baby has a mysterious all around bondo job. Click on the 1983 longbed picture.

Toyota Timeline

Toyota Timeline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom