What to do with wreaked 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help. I unfortunately wreaked my 1999 Toyota 4Runner that I bought 21 years ago. I rolled it on an ice covered road. The vehicle ran great and had nearly 300k miles on it. Some folks have suggested turning it into a crawler or mud truck. Rather than see it sitting in a junk yard some were, I brought it home. Yes, I was very attached to it. The question is what to do with it now.

You may have a part no one else can find. Like being an organ donor. 🤓

Just go to the classifieds on this site and list a 1999 4Runner parting out. Use your paypal to get paid.

Be careful with shipping, it gets expensive, be sure the buyer knows he has to pay any overages for your shipping estimate. Be reasonable with your pricing and stuff will sell. Almost everybody is honest, I only had one deadbeat after parting out two 40's.

I parted the trucks down to the bare carcass, frame and engine (sold one engine locally) and sold the carcass to Cruiserparts.net, they are about a hundred miles from me. They picked it up. People complain about Cruiserparts but they were good to me.

Just go to the classifieds on this site and list a 1999 4Runner parting out. Use your paypal to get paid.

Be careful with shipping, it gets expensive, be sure the buyer knows he has to pay any overages for your shipping estimate. Be reasonable with your pricing and stuff will sell. Almost everybody is honest, I only had one deadbeat after parting out two 40's.

I parted the trucks down to the bare carcass, frame and engine (sold one engine locally) and sold the carcass to Cruiserparts.net, they are about a hundred miles from me. They picked it up. People complain about Cruiserparts but they were good to me.
Thanks, I will get it started.

You should also consider posting it on Toyota-4Runner.org , you'll get a heck of a lot of action over there. I have a 2000, and there's some parts I scour the ends of the internet for day after day. Especially with the Toyota boom right now, a lot of your parts will likely sell very quickly. I suspect the interior is in decent shape? Things like the Limited woodgrain radio bezel are going for insane amounts of money right now, as they are becoming more rare and hard to find intact.

You should also consider posting it on Toyota-4Runner.org , you'll get a heck of a lot of action over there. I have a 2000, and there's some parts I scour the ends of the internet for day after day. Especially with the Toyota boom right now, a lot of your parts will likely sell very quickly. I suspect the interior is in decent shape? Things like the Limited woodgrain radio bezel are going for insane amounts of money right now, as they are becoming more rare and hard to find intact.
Cool, thanks for the info. i will check it out.

Sorry for your loss. Share the love!

I am exploring the 2 options that have been recommended to me. I had intended to get some pictures today and let everyone know. But it is way to cold today for that. But I will be sharing the love and hope this helps someone else enjoy their 4Runner a little longer.

Sorry to hear about your truck. If you end up parting it out I’d be curious to know the condition/ color of your steering wheel. Thanks. Jimmy

I will be parting it out. I will get some pictures and let you know asses the condition from those. Give me a couple of days since it is 10 degrees outside right now. It is black in color and in good condition. It does have 20 years of use, but it is not damaged in any way. The horn was working even when I was upside down. The air bag has never been deployed, but it has also never been serviced. I will get back to you in a couple of days with some pictures.

Thanks

I will be parting it out. I will get some pictures and let you know asses the condition from those. Give me a couple of days since it is 10 degrees outside right now. It is black in color and in good condition. It does have 20 years of use, but it is not damaged in any way. The horn was working even when I was upside down. The air bag has never been deployed, but it has also never been serviced. I will get back to you in a couple of days with some pictures.

Thanks
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear about your truck. If you end up parting it out I’d be curious to know the condition/ color of your steering wheel. Thanks. Jimmy
Here are some pictures of the steering wheel. Let me know if you got any other questions.

Thanks

4Runner1.jpg

4Runner2.jpg

4Runner3.jpg

4Runner4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom