What to do with third row seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tmoore41

95 LC, 94 LC, 01LX470 Newbie
SILVER Star
Threads
If I missed this topic - please feel free to redirect. My third row seats are in great shape, but don't need them in vehicle. Anyone come up with any cool ways to store them? I dont have a ton of storage room and would like to keep them protected. Figured I'd go out on a limb and see if anyone had an outside the box idea?

My idea is to keep them inside the closet in a spare bedroom. Dry and out of the elements. I thought about finding a place in the garage but after a while they would be covered in dust and would inevitably become a drying rack for wet dog towels.

Garbage bags and moth balls or mint. Store them..... until you get tired of that and try to trick someone in to taking them.

While the 3rd row seating is super handy for a family in a 80, the reality is there is better options for a larger family IMHO.

Garbage bags and moth balls or mint. Store them..... until you get tired of that and try to trick someone in to taking them.

While the 3rd row seating is super handy for a family in a 80, the reality is there is better options for a larger family IMHO.
Maybe I will just throw them in the back of 94 since it doesnt run anyways. Problem is it is already full of crap...

Actually considered that option. Ill put it on the to do list of stuff that I will never get to...

Just TOSS IT!

Actually, I sold mine for $100 to someone with a large family and an urgent need for additional seating. I didn’t ask for a hundred, but he offered it!

I keep mine in those thick tire bags you can get from Discount Tire. Just ask them and they will give you a couple of them. I store them in my garage. I would get rid of them, but I use them about 1 every 18 months. Not sure it is worth keeping them around considering how much space they take up!

I have seen full sets of cloth seats in excellent shape like mine going for $1500, which is half of what I paid for the whole truck. I keep my rarely used third row seats stored indoors in a dry place out of the sun.
Every so often I swap trucks with a friend when his folks visit and he needs something that will seat six. I see no reason to do anything else with them at this point.

My truck came with these clever brackets in the back that enable safe, secure long term storage. ;)

Wait....what...you can remove them from the back?!?! That is so NOT in my Haynes manual.

Sold mine for somewhere around $100. They were in mint condition, thought I should save them for future kids but figured I'll just buy some back when that time comes.

Stored them for 5 years, figured it was time to give that space up to more useful items.

We have a family of 6 + 80 lb dog. Currently the 3rd row is in storage. However I feel like I will use the 3rd row on a 3 day trip this summer as a segue into justifying a SECOND Landcruiser or 4 Runner for family off road trips. *insert evil grin*

i gave mine away to a guy that didn't have any,along with the second row i wanted the space for my 3 kids

I use mine from time to time when extended family comes to visit.
I store them in large, heavy duty garbage bags, and keep them up on a high shelf in my garage.
The same goes for the center row seats when they get removed for wheeling season.

Mine are like new and stored in bags in the attic of my garage. I wonder if I could have an upholsterer use the material from them to recover my front seat bottoms?

I used a big white bag that they use to cover tons of wood pellets, and then I used a pallet wrapping machine and wrapped them like three different ways. They take up almost no space in my dirt floor basement. I'd sell them but no one in Vermont really has a land cruiser...

Similar to others... bagged and stacked next to my 100's 3rd row in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom