What to do with fresh Oinker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I posted last week about the incredible luck I had finding a nearly survivor level Pig out in the desert near Reno. Most of the hard to find stuff is still there and the body is 98% rust free (just drivers floor area). I already have a "nice" Pig and am torn about direction for this one (not really interested in selling it right now). Worst area is dash because of missing windshield, but it's not beyond help. Options:
1. Buff it out, and get it mechanically sound and safe. It has the whole drive train, and the engine isn't seized. Make it as close to a survivor as possible. I know this is popular in muscle cars, never really heard of it for a Cruiser. Also not 100% the engine has life left.
2. OEM resto, at least within reason. Not going to spend $20K to make it factory, but keep it mechanically and visibly as stock as possible.
3. LS baby!!

Opinions?

1 1 2_LI.jpg

1 4.jpg

1 6.jpg

1 10.jpg

I'd start by getting it running and doing baseline maintenance on all the mechanics. Plus the windshield. That's stuff that'll have to be done whichever final direction you choose.

Make it as close to a survivor as possible. I know this is popular in muscle cars, never really heard of it for a Cruiser.
@wngrog get in here and give him some solid advice before I talk him into taking it apart to build a restomod and stuffing a 4BT in there.

Read up on preserving that patina. I for one think it’s a great honor to see one like that polished back on the outside. Dents and all. It’s a 40-50 year old story being told.

Step 1: Instagram
Step 2: social media team
Step 3:
rub that body down (the pig), pantina away
New tires, suspension, brakes, flex pipe exhaust
And post lots of pictures because @wngrog hasn’t posted a picture of a Toyota slathered in patchouli oil & beeswax in a few weeks and we need our fix..

And post lots of pictures because @wngrog hasn’t posted a picture of a Toyota slathered in patchouli oil & beeswax in a few weeks and we need our fix..

sounds like a kids book:

@wngrog and his very patchouli slathered pig

or a new alt-metal-country-spaghetti western band

@wngrog and the porcine patchouli predicament.

which one of you guys took my 76 roller from my garage?
That was me! Still have it untouched, and happy to have it. Going to rob parts of the dash metal structure, probably the disk brake front end and odds n ends as needed. I knew moving that thing around would pay off someday! Thanks again!

only original once, who knows, maybe patina pigs the next big thing at the Monterey Auctions!
I'm leaning towards that. I'm actually going to Mecum Monterey this year, just not with the Pig yet. The bummer is that the big dent on the drivers fender front occurred during recovery. Kicking myself in the ass now. :)

we should do a pig caravan on the 17 mile drive, Pebble Beach, show those old coots a proper vehicle
I can't pull that off this year, but lets advance plan for next years Car Week! Mecum Monterey is the most fun of the auctions, and there is just a ton of things to do there. Gotta get hotels 2 hours away tho...jeez expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom