What To Do Next? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright people, it's time for me to add more things to my rig! So far I've gotten the following done :

- Snorkel
- OME Heavies (front and back) w/ stabilizer
- IPF front spot lights
- Under carriage spare tire holder
- ARB Towmaster hitche with 7-pin connector
- 3 extra cigarette lighters
- ICOM V8000
- 4 Kenwood 4" speakers
- 2 Shallow Kenwood 10" subs
- Kenwood Amp
- 2 Kenwood head units (Touch screen DVD and a cassette player)
- A Kenwood rear view cam (not installed yet)
- Custom drawer system
- Water proof seat covers
- 45 Liter Fridge

Things I would like to do :

- ARB Air locker system
- Custom Roof Rack with one or 2 awnings
- 33 tires and new trims
- Cargo barrier
- Full Duplex communication device
- Front end camera

Since putting the air locker system is kinda out of the question now due to financial reasons (costs approx $3,750 altogether with the installation) I am considering the following choices :

- Custom Roof Rack
- Cargo Barrier

Would do you think I should do? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Last edited:
If you EVER use the back of your truck to cart a load, fit a Cargo Barrier.

I am constantly amazed by the amount of stuff people put in the back of their wagons without one. All it takes is an emergency stop, let alone a crash, to create dangerous projectiles out of seemingly innocent cargo.

I had a mate killed by his cargo in an otherwise survivable crash about 10 years ago.

If you EVER use the back of your truck to cart a load, fit a Cargo Barrier.

I am constantly amazed by the amount of stuff people put in the back of their wagons without one. All it takes is an emergency stop, let alone a crash, to create dangerous projectiles out of seemingly innocent cargo.

I had a mate killed by his cargo in an otherwise survivable crash about 10 years ago.

So far I haven't had any cargo placed on the drawer system but the summer is just around the corner which means, ice boxes and the fridge!

custom roof rack, i had alot of fun making mine, and it was made for exactly what i needed one for. Plus people will tell you how good it looks and then brag on you when they find out you made it.

custom roof rack, i had alot of fun making mine, and it was made for exactly what i needed one for. Plus people will tell you how good it looks and then brag on you when they find out you made it.

I might get that done as well as the barrier!

So I have decided to go through with the cargo barrier but the question still stands with an extra add on!

Which one should I add on to my rig now?

- Custom Roof Rack with one or 2 awnings
- Dual Battery
- Front end cam

Any other suggestions would be helpful!

Dual batteries are fantastic if you are running a fridge, and nearly mandatory if you are running a winch, or maybe going to in the future.

Having said that, it is also really nice to have an awning or two to get out of the sun under. I don't have one because I really don't want a roof rack on mine, but I wheel with a couple of guys who do, and they make for a very civilised camp.:beer:

I'm assuming that the pictures on your photobucket site are pre-lift. The 80 doesn't look lifted there.

If I was you, I would consider beefier tires first. I'm assuming that you tires will look small with the lift in place.

Dual batteries are fantastic if you are running a fridge, and nearly mandatory if you are running a winch, or maybe going to in the future.

Having said that, it is also really nice to have an awning or two to get out of the sun under. I don't have one because I really don't want a roof rack on mine, but I wheel with a couple of guys who do, and they make for a very civilised camp.:beer:

I just bought a 45 Liter Fridge and used it for the first time yesterday! I have a winch but it's the factory winch so nothing special! As for the Awnings I will definitely get them on whenever I get the roof rack cause the weather here in the Middle East will ensure that I will have a horrible set up without them!

I'm assuming that the pictures on your photobucket site are pre-lift. The 80 doesn't look lifted there.

If I was you, I would consider beefier tires first. I'm assuming that you tires will look small with the lift in place.

The photobucket pics are both with and without the lift! I would like to get 35 tires on my rig but don't feel like re-gearing so I am thinking about 33 tires when the 285s I have on get messed up! This might be a while though cause the current tires were installed not too long ago!

Pre Lift :

n505448227_16486_971.jpg

Post Lift (towing a 26foot cabin cruiser):

2007_06180007Medium.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom