What to do if you need an alternator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The alternator that came on the truck is clocked wrong and can’t be rotated to the correct position. What are people doing as far as buying new alternators. I know oem is no longer available from Toyota and looks like there’s no Denso’s left. I noticed there’s some Toyota forklift alternators available. Anyone try those? They look a tad different.

Best,
Jason

i would suggest a verified and Field bench tested New Old Stock Genuine NipponDenso unicorn unit ...
Only the Cat's Meow for your
FJ60LG-KA 2F Jason ....

I rebuild all alternators and starters. No mater what kind, car, boat etc

what is considered a rebuild when you do this to all your starters and alternators ?

what gets replaced

what gets re-machined

what gets simply re-used ?

Toyota Matt is a good source for proper OEM. There are other sources of budget is super tight but I’ll leave that up to you. 🫣

The alternator that came on the truck is clocked wrong and can’t be rotated to the correct position. What are people doing as far as buying new alternators. I know oem is no longer available from Toyota and looks like there’s no Denso’s left. I noticed there’s some Toyota forklift alternators available. Anyone try those? They look a tad different.

Best,
Jason

Good morning Jason .

Your Genuine NipponDenso TEq has landed ……

2186BABC-A9FC-4B75-A157-19EFB5E69A02.jpeg

Jason, is this an alternator with the regulator mounted on it?
Yeah its clocked in the wrong orientation so theres very little to no adjustment and we had to use a smaller belt when we first got it running.

My buddy and I pull the unit, every part is tested, case returned clean and as close to original as possible.Anything questionable is replaced.All electronics measured for specs. Any manufacture car or boat or four wheeler.50 plus years experience.Cases that are broken really not worth welding unless someone wants to pay for it. Some units require little work some are terrible no way to know until they are opened up. The worst ones have been mercruiser that have been under water. The best ones have copper lined cases .Tha aluminum lined cases are not as good.Same with Toyota ones,if they have been under water they are harder to repair. We just did about 10 the other day. We can rewire rotors in some cases.

My buddy and I pull the unit, every part is tested, case returned clean and as close to original as possible.Anything questionable is replaced.All electronics measured for specs. Any manufacture car or boat or four wheeler.50 plus years experience.Cases that are broken really not worth welding unless someone wants to pay for it. Some units require little work some are terrible no way to know until they are opened up. The worst ones have been mercruiser that have been under water. The best ones have copper lined cases .Tha aluminum lined cases are not as good.Same with Toyota ones,if they have been under water they are harder to repair. We just did about 10 the other day. We can rewire rotors in some cases.
Good to know

@IslandJ did you try to re-clock it to the correct position? Sometimes its just a mater of one of the housings needs to be rotated to get the mounting position you need. Toyota alternators aren't particularly difficult to work on.

@IslandJ did you try to re-clock it to the correct position? Sometimes its just a mater of one of the housings needs to be rotated to get the mounting position you need. Toyota alternators aren't particularly difficult to work on.
Yeah I looked at that as an option and the housing bolts won’t line up if reclocked. It doesn’t look oem to me.

I went with Mean Green (alternator and starter) during my initial rebuild (2013-2014). Zero problems.

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks. We have some people with in driving distance here as well.

Are you doing a full rebuild? I may have a used one with a vac pump in the shop. It would be for a 3b believe it’s a 50A one.

Are you doing a full rebuild? I may have a used one with a vac pump in the shop. It would be for a 3b believe it’s a 50A one.
I’m really just looking for a properly fitting alternator for my fj60 2f. If I find a used one that doesn’t work then I’ll have it rebuilt. The engine has had the top end rebuilt only.

i would suggest a verified and Field bench tested New Old Stock Genuine NipponDenso unicorn unit ...
Only the Cat's Meow for your
FJ60LG-KA 2F Jason ....

Very nice piece of machinery @ToyotaMatt. Do you have a growler too?

Very nice piece of machinery @ToyotaMatt. Do you have a growler too?

ALL my Land Cruiser anything models as well as the other recent various Vintage TOYOTA Vehicles Alternators now are a all inclusive

with the JIS JDM Icing on the BLING-DAY-CAKE included as you see examples of below ... ✨ ✨

- also , and much more importantly too , the various OEM YAZAKI Japan spec. rubber insulator covers and boots too ....:idea:

3FE 8 - Copy.jpeg
3fe 16.jpeg
586CA5D4-D57A-42DD-8D1F-7A95BB56C1AB.jpeg
23681F43-956E-4CB2-B681-38622B7C3EFA.jpeg
27060-61100 4.jpeg
3FE 3.jpeg
DSCN8454.JPG

yazaki gif yellow .gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom