What to cook tonight ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was at the grocery store checking out the other day with my youngest son, and the female clerk said, "So what are your plans today?"
I pointed to the 3 candy bars, and a six pack of Sierra Nevada, and some meat for the grill. And I said to her, "It's the 28th day of the month at my house, I'm gonna grill and stay out'a the house for awhile." "About every 1 1/2 hours I'll throw a candy bar into the house wrapped in a twenty." She asked about my son, and I said, "He's with me, I don't want him to take a gut shot or a ricochet."
I think she peed her pants.

A couple of Sunday’s ago I had not much to do and it was getting cold so I made 4 double to quadruple batches of soup and the froze them. Made a chili with ground meat and stew meat; a mulligatawny, a cabbage and sausage, and a chicken and Chinese noddle. Got all the recipes from the WWW, except the chicken and noodle. Soup doesn’t need to be exact. We put some in the fridge. They were all excellent. We will be eating them between now and year end. The cabbage and sausage was surprisingly good. All were very easy and it is much easier to make 4 at once that one 4 separate times.

Yeah, it lubes up the pipes, but nothing wrong with some fiber. I was actually the best one we made.

Yup, I do love my mom's corned beef n cabbage, but it don't love me.
But it does have an "Entertainment Value", or just for self defense.

Made French dip sandwiches tonight out of flap steak.
Also had a can of spinach with some vinegar.
I've dumped 3X's already.

Collards, dutch oven pulled pork, mac n cheese and cornbread.

and

IMG_20191109_113903519.jpg
IMG_20191109_113302743.jpg
IMG_20191109_114410579.jpg
IMG_20191109_133153832.jpg
IMG_20191109_135634071.jpg

The wife is employing a good cross utilization of product at my recommendation.
She is removing all the meat from some chicken wings I grilled the other day and will put them
into some tacos or burritos tonight. Pinto beans and tortillas

Gonna grill some sausages, open a can of chili con carne with no beans, and find some good bread, and
wash it down with a Coors reg.

And maybe take some Immodiums

Woke up to a craving at 3am.... Off to Tucson and at the fry's at 7.
4 pounds of beef chuck ribs browned and now in the slow cooker.

I had leftover chicken thighs so I made some chopped onions in butter while boiling some 1/2 in cut potato. Added flour to the onions and then chicken stock to make gravy. Added chopped chicken thigh, frozen vegitable soup vegetables, and the potatoe to the mix. Pretty much chicken pot pie without the pie. Salt, pepper, and spices to taate.

did a taco soup in the crock pot the other night, super easy and fairly quick to make. I usually eat it more a hot dip with chips.

1 lbish of ground beef or whatever your choice meat is, I qt beef stock, 1 28oz can of crushed or diced tomatoes, 1 can black beans, 1 can red beans, 1 can corn, 1 medium red onion chopped, 3-5 jalapenos to taste. brown and season the meat as desired, toss the rest in the crock pot and let it do its thing. add 1 packets of taco or whatever you prefer and 1 packet ranch seasoning, additional spices and whatnot to your liking. cook till the veg is at your desired tenderness

Yup, BigRed,
Tis the season for soups. I make a chicken tortilla soup. Which your idea just reminded me of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom