What tires would you recomend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reedo311

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys I am currently running 33x10.5x15 BFG AT. I have been very happy with them but it's time to get new ones. Any other recommendations? It is a daily driver with most miles on pavement. I really like the BFG's but I thought while i was getting new ones see if there is anything else I should try. Thanks

The round kind? Is this a trick question?

stick with those tires if you spend most of the time on pavement... they are great

Example .. if you don spend much time on the read, and love MUD, a mean ( in my experience ) General Grabber ..

But if yur doing some good milles on road, go to other option, maybe, MTR o BFG my opcion to get some good miles on the road, and rock crawling ..

Al of these recomendation are based, in a DD vehicle. ! ;)

If you like what you have, why change it? Ifin' it ain't broke, leave it the Hell alone, I say.

(I went through the same deal recently - wound up buying exactly what I had on my truck to start with: BFG ATs)

Another vote to stick with the 33x10.5 BFG's Best 60 series road / light wheeling tire in existence.

Unless you are stepping up to a mud tire, then you have the best of the at's.
Oh and MTR's suck in every way if you plan on anything other than rocks.
And mickeys are great for excursion show trucks and spending all your money on a tire.

37x12.5x17 Goodyear MTR's.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo.

Have them on my '01 DCab Taco and it's my DD. Love them. Quiet, good ride, excellent in rain.

The highest rated A/T tire on the market today. BFG A/T is #2. To each their own, I had BFG A/T's on my Taco before I went to the Revos. I wanted to try something new. I have been very pleasantly suprised by these Revos. Cost is about the same as BFG.

Just my .02. Good luck. I like mine.

Jody.

Outback said:
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo.

Have them on my '01 DCab Taco and it's my DD. Love them. Quiet, good ride, excellent in rain.

The highest rated A/T tire on the market today. BFG A/T is #2. To each their own, I had BFG A/T's on my Taco before I went to the Revos. I wanted to try something new. I have been very pleasantly suprised by these Revos. Cost is about the same as BFG.

Just my .02. Good luck. I like mine.

Jody.

I was waiting for soimeone to bring up the revo. all the reasons why the revo is above the bfg are related to teh fact that the bfg is much better offroad. therefore it gives up SOME road charecteristics. This isnt a bad thing unless you wheel.

Thanks for all your input guys, I think I will stick with the BFGs I just wanted to make sure that nothing new and spectacular has came out lately. Thanks Again.

Maybe turn the new set's raised letters to the opposite side your last set had? That way if your new set has the white letters out or vice versa, it'll seem like different tires.

..got nothin'

Anyone running BFG MT's? Are they totally useless on the road?

Lifespan would be significantly reduced, I would expect...

zcruiser said:

I run BFG MT's on my 4runner and the life has been great (about 45k miles and they look like they still have about 5-10k to go.) They are good (not great) in sand and rocks. I have never really driven them in mud (ih8mud). They suck in the rain but thankfully in Phoenix we don't get much of that. :D

Don't get MTs unless you're driving a lot on dirt and gravel roads. azaussie's assessment matches mine.

I've found my AT/KOs will rock the slippery steep muddy paths if you get them down to about 8lbs where they seem start hooking up. This is on a wagon at about 5700 lbs and no beadlocks. I'm going to try 6lbs next winter. I was pretty leary because of the stories of ATs slicking up in mud, but our mud tends not to clump so bad and it's an acceptable compromise because they do so well everywhere else.

That said, I've no reason to buy MTs ever again. I have a set of 33x9.5s and 33x12.5s MTs that will probably disintegrate before I wear down their tread.

My next set are likely 36" bias swamper SXs for purpose-oriented stuff, and a tall set of ATs for snow, maybe in the 35x12.5x15 or the 37x12.5x17 for the sprung BJ42.

zcruiser said:

they are excellent on the road I have run several sets, and if you keep them wearing well you can get 50k out of them, they are one of the quietest muds, and they work very well in every type of terrain. They dont stand out in any one thing like a bogger or krawler, but try those on the road. I run tsls bias plys unbalanced and those arent even too bad on the road, very smooth

4rnr said:
Unless you are stepping up to a mud tire, then you have the best of the at's.
Oh and MTR's suck in every way if you plan on anything other than rocks.
And mickeys are great for excursion show trucks and spending all your money on a tire.

I don't think I've heard anyone say that before. Why do MTR's suck?

If you get any snow driving stay away from the BFG MT, I've never had a good snow experience with them, AT's are awesome though. I also had a set of the Bridgestone Duelers on my 62, I got rid of those quick, they were awful in the snow. Don't know if they were the Revo's or not.

RredFJ40 said:
I don't think I've heard anyone say that before. Why do MTR's suck?

The common complaint I've heard is they're prone to sidewall punctures. I don't know, have never run them and probably won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom