What tire Size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up my first FJ80, and need a little advice on tire size. I'm currently running Open Country 255/85R16 with no probelm, but I'd like to go to a little wider tire. The truck is a '92 with no lift and FZJ80 wheels. What size can I go to without rubbing at full lock or compression. Thanks.

I think DD meant to say 315/75R16, but that's probably not a great option with no lift. A 285/75R16 should be safe; it will be very close to the same diameter as what you have now but wider by over an inch.

Any pics of rigs with this tire size. I like the idea better fuel economy and snow handling. I had a fj40 that tended to float in the snow with 31x10.5s

For a 16" wheel, 255/85, 285/75, 305/70, 295/75 are all fair game. 315/75 (34.5" tire) may fit, but will cause some headaches depending on how you use the truck.

If I were sticking with 33's, I'd keep the 255's. Just my personal preference. But there are definitely wider options for you if you like the look or traction characteristics.

:edit: Ancient thread alert!

I would suggest that you don't go too big since that rig is already pretty anemic. That is unless you are going to do gearing as well. JMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom