What thread size is this plug??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
Hi, anyone confirm that the intake manifold plug on a 1980 FJ40 is a 16mm fine thread size.
Planning to install a vacuum gauge and need a screw in hose barb or adapter.
Thanks much

PB049772.jpg

No its the plug from the side of the intake manifold for accessories. It does look like one.
Thanks

I have 3 different sizes of BSPT brass barbs-I'll check to see the overall size at the tip of the threads--
here they are---
The plug that came out of my 77 oem manifold is shown in the last pic-along with the third BSPT barb

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

The plug is around 5/8 or 16mm but I will mic it later to give you a better idea. Kind of thought that there may be a few different sizes.
That out of the 77 plug looks to be a bolt type. Hum- Went to a hardware store to use the thread seizer they have and on the metric side it was close to 16mm but would not screw in the fine or cores thread size.
Checked the non metric and close to 5/8" but would not fit either thread type also??

Big thanks

my metric thread gauge shows 1.0
The plug diameter shows 9.97 mm at the head end, and 9.71 at the tip---BSPT

Sggoat, got a chance to check the size and pretty much got 16.44mm +- 2 on the .44

PB059773.jpg

Tried two more brass hose barbs and both are not correct. The 16.45mm does that work on your manifold?
:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom