What thermal switch can I use with an electric fan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would think this is simple, someplace on the net I could find a nice thermal switch from an Accord or something that switches on at 195 and off at 175 but nope! Nothing out there anyplace other then use the Ford fan. After that you'd think a standard would be set for a relay and switch as well but it isn't... Anybody have any parts numbers or anything? I can spend $32 on one at summit but I know there has to be a $12 thermal switch out there that's do the job without some stupid brand name stamped on it.

So anybody have in info on a thermal switch?

Anybody have a low priced relay to mate it with?

Thanks guys!

COME ON!!! Nobody here know's this or can provide any help? We need a FAQ on this for sure if that's the case!!!!

If my poor memory serves me correctly, Ford ranger pickups (the small ones withe 4 cyl/6cyl) from the late 80's used a on/off temp sendor to the gauge, not a variable one....

no matter how the temp ranged on the motor, the gauge sat in the middle until it got TOO hot and the idiot light popped on...stupid design, but might work for your situation....

any switch the import vehicles used was smart enuf to actually provide a variable output :D

I went with one from Summit.... $32 is cheaper than a few hours at the junkyard...

woody said:
.... $32 is cheaper than a few hours at the junkyard...

Bingo.

Painless sales a kit... two of them... i forget the cost... think its like 50 or 60 bucks... but comes with everything you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom