What the h*ck is that knocking sound? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else have this problem? When I'm driving my rig, anytime I hit the gas or hit the brakes, I hear a knock coming from the right front of the truck. It sounds like a couple things hitting each other. It does it regardless if I'm going straight or taking a turn. I can also hear if I grap my ARB bar on the passenger side and bounce the truck up and down while its parked in the garage. I had my wife shake the truck while I took a peek underneath and its definitely not coming from the wheel area. It's on the passenger side, but more towards the center. I also jacked up the front right wheel and tried twisting it left and right and up and down to see just maybe if it was a bearing or something, but those are fine too. I'm stumped on this one and could use your help. :confused:

A list of mods would help, lift, tires, bumpers, anything done recently.

Have you checked your body mounts? A list of mods would def. help. Loose sway bar mounts?

PO on my rig had banged the exhuast pipe and bent it so that it was close to the driveshaft. On left hand turns and accelleration it'd knock pretty good against the drive shaft yoke.

:beer:
Rookie2

As for mods, the only things I have so far are an OME Heavy/Medium lift, cc bushings and an ARB bull bar. Still have the factory size 265s on there, although I will be upgrading soon to 295s.

I had the bolts that hold the front arms to the axle loose enough that they would shift slightly and give a knock. I went back in and used Foot pounds instead of Hand pounds and they were fine. I could never get a torque wrench in there but those are some heavy bolts and I doubt you can easily break them.

Would be good to know what kind of vehicle we're talking about here.

DougM

I had a body shop leave a bolt on the inner skirt under the fender lip. It would roll around all the time until I loosed up the top fender bolts and looked around inside. My guess would be the sway bar mounting brackets. Sorry couldn't help more.

-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom