What the? Do I need this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They should not be too tight since the metal piece you bend to lock it in place. I just used a flat head screwdriver to knock it loose but it does put a divot in the side. It is a lot easier with a 54 mm socket especially when you are setting the wheel bearing preload.SOR sells the 54 mm sockets.

No you do not need one of those.

Mace is right-I see no use for that tool on a Land Cruiser front axle. Go to Sears, get a 2 1/8 socket, be happy. Better yet get an official Toyota one-about $25.

Someone mentioned the SOR hub socket. It sucks. It is the crappiest POS ever. It works about 3 times but slowly the "points" of the socket round out. Normally everything you get from SOR is first rate, but that hub socket is an exception.

hey, thats a tool made for axels on a honda, I have one from toyota and yea it was cheap and I have been using it for about five years and it still works great, check at your local dealer and they should set you up with one. Ben...

No need for that at all. I could see it be useful on a single peice tranfer case though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom