What Style Clear Corner Lens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to purchase a new corner marker lens because of a cracked lens and will be going the clear route. I think the clear would look good against the 40th Dark Emerald Green. The trouble is that I can't decide which style I like best and am looking for opinions and any other pictures other than these that I borrowed from LX_TREME from other members and which style you are running. Is either one of these two designs built better than the other? Either one can be had off ebay for around $40.00. Is this the place to purchase them when I do decide?
Crystal_01.JPG
Crystal_02.JPG

You can get the bottom style from CDan for about that same price, or you could get the mix style from the LX450 for the same price.

I like the regulars better than the crystal clears. I think they give a softer more monochromatic look versus the starker blingy-da-bling. If you're going clear corners, you gotta go clear turn signals too, and then clear rears. If you get, let us know what you think on the quality.

:beer:
Rookie2

I like the top one, but like the corners that come on the LX, best.

I've got the ones on top. There's a reason the OEM clears look more like the ones in the second pic. The crystals look great until you turn the lights on. Then the color of the glowing filament (dull/yellowish) is easily seen. I plan on putting red bulbs in since they're dull they might as well be red. The OEM clears break up the light from the bulb better which makes it appear whiter/brighter. I'd go with the oem ones from CDan. They'll fit better than the aftermarket ones.

My driver's side one is the one that is cracked. Thanks for the information on how the light looks when lit. I was leaning more towards the second one anyway. Do these run amber bulbs? I will also be modifying them to incorporate signals like the ones that are being replaced. Does anyone know what the OEMs cost per pair?

Give CDan a call. I think they're just under $40 each.

Make sure you look for the clear corners with the chrome on the bottom lip to match yours, you can see what I'm talking about in the pictures below. The 97 is different from other years and CDAN cannot get these, they are not longer available in the US, you will most likely have to import a set to match. Make sure to do your homework, I bought a set off EBAY from HK-PLUS for $40 and they are C**P. They were falling apart in my hands while I was installing them. They are cheaply made and don’t fit BEWARE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I believe CDAN carries the clears for $37 plus shipping, again, pre 97' only.
I have a few pictures of mine I can post that just happen to be on a green 97, I think the brushed color is much less bling. Sorry for the ****py pictures I'm in the middle of trying to find a new paint for the front bumper. I'm not sure where LX_TREME got his but if you find out please let me know, mine are going in the trash if they don’t fall off on the highway first.
P4070063NEW.JPG
P4070067NEW.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Mike. What makes the 97 so different? Is it just the chrome or should I say lack of it on the other years? Wouldn't be an issue if I decided to black-out the grill to match the black rims. I have decided that I like the look of the style that you posted pics of and thanks to your adviced I will stay away from the Ebay knock-offs. Pardon me for my ignorance, but what is the differnce between OEM and MOT?

I have edited my picture to show where the corner light is different. I believe the 97' was the only year to have the emblem on the grill, similar to the LX450, pre 97' has TOYOTA. Also if you look at the bottom of the head lamp on a pre 97', which I believe is replaceable without the main assembly, it also is gray, as well as the bottom of the grill. Look at some ROTW pictures and compare, you will see the difference. As for the painting, I'm sure you can and I considered it since mine is getting chipped and I'm not a chrome fan. I wouldn’t attempt without trying to strip the chrome and paint first. If you are considering going black go thru CDAN, OEM.
Maybe someone can post a pre 97' picture on this thread to make the comparison easier.
I believe MOT gets his directly from Toyota in Japan, I'm sure he will be more than willing to help, may also want to look at his signature (possible for sale items).

OK, did more looking since my post and I may be wrong on the emblem part but I believe the 97 is still the only year with the chrome along the bottom (full length).

Last edited:
I have edited my picture to show where the corner light is different. I believe the 97' was the only year to have the emblem on the grill, similar to the LX450, pre 97' has TOYOTA. Also if you look at the bottom of the head lamp on a pre 97', which I believe is replaceable without the main assembly, it also is gray, as well as the bottom of the grill. Look at some ROTW pictures and compare, you will see the difference. As for the painting, I'm sure you can and I considered it since mine is getting chipped and I'm not a chrome fan. I wouldn’t attempt without trying to strip the chrome and paint first. If you are considering going black go thru CDAN, OEM.
Maybe someone can post a pre 97' picture on this thread to make the comparison easier.
I believe MOT gets his directly from Toyota in Japan, I'm sure he will be more than willing to help, may also want to look at his signature (possible for sale items).

'91-'94 had "TOYOTA" and '95-'97 had the Toyota symbol.

The chrome part that you're speaking of, AFAIK and the last time I checked:D, come off (screw in the back, I think). So you can just swap them.

I believe "boydmick" has done such a mod.

I get the OEM stuff from Toyota here in Japan, but aftermarket stuff like the crystal lenses, I get aftermarket vendors.

"airlaird" has a slightly different crystal corners.
You can see them in his bumper threads.

HTH's and let me know if I can assist you with anything.:grinpimp:

Mot;)

AAAHHHH FJZ80…. 95-97 makes sense.
Apparently the Japan spec front grill doesn't have the chrome along the bottom.
SSSOOOO MOT, I'm sure this has been asked 1,000 times but can you get the clear lens only and replace the original amber that we have. It seems like it will come apart.
Thanks
I would have to agree on the non crystal type it just looks right on the green 97'.

You can get the "parking and clearance lamp lense" but I "believe" you're getting the lense, housing, trim, etc... with that.

Although I can get them here you best bet still would be to go with Cdan if you want to go OEM clear.;)

Mot

OEM diagram.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom