What size socket do I need for the end of the crank shaft on my 86 FJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to go get one today and was wondering what size it is? To turn it for timing purposes, that is.
Thanks.
ERICH

I don't know, but can't you just put the trany in 4th gear and rock the cruiser back and forth? or bump the starter to turn it?

something make me wanna say its 34mm......but I am prolly wrong.

John H (thinking about swaping dizzys today in the 45 and your making me worry ;)

All due respect to the guru of Land Cruiser literature and memorabilia... 46mm.
Yea, the 4th gear tricks works.

So if I jack up the rear end put in 4th gear can just rotate one of the rear tire to line up the timing mark?
ERICH

[quote author=ERICH link=board=1;threadid=13788;start=msg127926#msg127926 date=1080415296]
So if I jack up the rear end put in 4th gear can just rotate one of the rear tire to line up the timing mark?
ERICH
[/quote]

Fix a flashlight to shine on the flywheel timing window. Put it in 4th gear and push or rock it back slowly. Keep your eye on the window because it doesn't take much travel to pass your mark. If your on the TDC line and you're not at #1 piston, rock it back just one more full rotation to get to the TDC line again. That'll put you at #1 piston.

I don't see how you are planning on getting a wrench and socket in there anyway, unless you've got the fan removed.

What I do is use a wrench to turn the alternator. It will turn the engine over if you overtighten the belt. Just gradually increase the tension on the belt until it works.

DON'T FORGET TO RETURN THE BELT TO NORMAL TENSION BEFORE RUNNING THE VEHICLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom