What size LED bar for 80 series. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 96 LC, found a killer deal on a 52” curved light bar, has the mounts too, well the lip mounts, what is the biggest I can mount above the windshield?

I can help here. I highly recommend a 0” light bar. Don’t get one. Just don’t do it. You’ll ruin the look of your 80 unless you can install one in a very stealthy way.

52" should fit with lip mounts. It might take some bending of the mounts to make it work. I have a 50" curved light bar in front of my roof rack, and my mounts bend in a good amount.

Send it!!!!! Make sure to blind any gladiators and broncos when your behind them.

Cool! I ordered the whole thing off Amazon 52” quad row light bar, 8 gang panel relay system and the 80 series mounts, $175 total! Plus scored a 64” roof rack for $45, I think I did pretty good!! Now just a waiting game

Cool! I ordered the whole thing off Amazon 52” quad row light bar, 8 gang panel relay system and the 80 series mounts, $175 total! Plus scored a 64” roof rack for $45, I think I did pretty good!! Now just a waiting game
When you set your light bar, push it as far back on the roof as you reasonably can. This will reduce the light wash on your hood. It allows the roof to block the light from the bottom so that it doesn't reflect off the hood. You can also add a tab to the bottom of the light bar to block the light but it may catch extra wind and make noise or vibrate.

Round lights are the most efficient light source.

Having the lights in front of you, on the grille will make them more effective for you at night and give you less reflective "noise" while you drive. it puts the light out front where you need it, not behind you.

Osram VX1000CB-SM, on Front runner Slim line II roof rack. Yet to be connected
20230111_141032.jpg
20230111_141041.jpg
20230111_141046.jpg

I’m running a 50” and not sure how much wider you can go without exceeding the gutter mounuts. If it’s mounted to a rack then you can go wider of course. I got mine mounted under and back inside my rack so it does not hit the hood at all when it’s on.
9CCAA01C-6F37-4642-BBC7-5C4D759BD0A0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom