What size KO2’s on stock 18’s (and stock height)?? Got pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to get KO2’s for my 2018 LC and am wondering what size to get. Think I want a size that looks slightly more aggressive, but not over the top.

Does anyone have pictures?

Thanks guys!

On stock wheels / suspension you should be able to go 285/65 18” without issue. That’s what I currently have on my 2010LC, no problem :cheers:

Looking to get KO2’s for my 2018 LC and am wondering what size to get. Think I want a size that looks slightly more aggressive, but not over the top.

Thanks guys!

LT285/65 x 18

Here is a photo of my 2015 LC on black bear pass ... stock except for KO2 tires & Slee sliders.

8F11A0D3-F255-406E-AF72-2E3E1CCA2FDE.jpeg

Thanks guys!
In a nutshell, 285/65/18 is about as big as you can go without taking some type of action to prevent rubbing. If you want to get creative, check out this tool: Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

Not a great exposure for the tires, these are 275/70. Stock except for sliders. No rubbing.
View attachment 2083860

This is great! I think the usual the picture thr better.. keeps expectations realistic. Anyone have a stock blue / gray 200 w/ these? And what's the best route for burchase / installation? Just go to a tire place? Or do you guys usually buy online and take them to have them installex?

275/70 is slightly taller than 285/65 but (obviously) less wide.

285/65 does a better job of filling out the fender IMO. At stock height or with the small OEM spacers up front there is 1/8-1/4” space between the edge of the tread and the rear fender liner at full lock without mods.

Beyond those sizes you are in for a lift or removing mud flaps and heating/pushing/cutting the fender liner for clearance.

Note that all 285/65/18 will be LT-metric tires in an E load rating. Much heavier than stock and need significantly more minimum pressure.

I’m not looking for the biggest that I can fit, really just looking to go slightly bigger than stock. The 275/70’s look pretty good from the side, do they look too skinny though when looking at the front/rear of the truck?

do they look too skinny though when looking at the front/rear of the truck?

I thought they were plenty wide. From a looks standpoint, I was more concerned about filling the wheel well from the side. Also got a bit more sidewall to air down.

I’m not looking for the biggest that I can fit, really just looking to go slightly bigger than stock. The 275/70’s look pretty good from the side, do they look too skinny though when looking at the front/rear of the truck?

To me they don’t look “skinny” but the difference compared to stock or 285/65 is definitely noticeable. I know because my tire shop put on 3 285/65s and 1 275/70 in a big mistake on their part.

Personally I like a “fat” tire. This is a big part of why I think the 285/70/17 with significantly more sidewall bulge than the 18” options looks so great.

Either way.. a really good tire shop might mount up one of each and let you have a look. Don’t even need to balance them to see what it’ll look like on one corner at least.

I have 275/60/20 (not BFGs but I can comment on the size) on my LX which have the same measurements as the 275/70/18. The do not rub even in low mode (an LX AHC thing). Due to the sidewall height it looks good from the side and from behind the tires do NOT look “skinny” IMHO.

2 big plusses I have discovered with this size is the speedo is now dead on +/-1mph when compared to gps at 10-80+mph. Another plus is compared to the 285/55/20 stock tires is I swear the vehicle stays somewhat cleaner; I attribute this to the mudflaps doing a better job with the slightly narrower tire.

I intend to get 18’s and run the 275s. I would also add my LX, IMHO, would be doggy with more than 33” tires due to gearing. Anything over 33” would require a gear change to keep me satisfied, as it is I’m right on the line.

The pics are in the low suspension setting. If interested I will take a few pics from behind and in high tomorrow.

3962AB13-EE80-4324-B525-D018A298B5C4.jpeg

AAEBC220-4500-4341-ADAD-054C702CFC83.jpeg

10C6F1A5-D6AE-42B9-B43E-B750A99571E0.jpeg

2A9A0742-7437-4AEC-8BA6-2280229828AA.jpeg

6297B11B-E3FB-4C95-A3AF-930992E2C7B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump for more potential pictures. Interested as well.

There are hundreds if not thousands of these pictures already posted here. I wouldn’t wait for more posts.

Go to google and type in “site:Ih8mud.com 275/70r18” and hit images. Switch out the syntax for all the variations like 275/70/18, LT285/65R18 etc

You can even try adding “200-series” to narrow it down to this tech section but in my experience google seems to ignore that part. You’ll get a bunch of 100-series results but just look for the relevant ones

There are hundreds if not thousands of these pictures already posted here. I wouldn’t wait for more posts.

Go to google and type in “site:Ih8mud.com 275/70r18” and hit images. Switch out the syntax for all the variations like 275/70/18, LT285/65R18 etc

You can even try adding “200-series” to narrow it down to this tech section but in my experience google seems to ignore that part. You’ll get a bunch of 100-series results but just look for the relevant ones

Ironically I tried that but I didn’t find much on a 2016 - 2018 rim (with the KO2’s). I am trying to get a few side profile pics of the various tire sizes on a stock setup.

Ironically I tried that but I didn’t find much on a 2016 - 2018 rim (with the KO2’s). I am trying to get a few side profile pics of the various tire sizes on a stock setup.
Ah.. yeah, specific year wheels would be more of a problem.

Should still show you how it fills out the fender though. Early to late wheels only have a 4mm offset difference which will basically be imperceptible on that scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom