what size is wheel nut? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to pull off the front hubs to replace rotors and pads. Does anybody know what size socket is required to remove the nuts. The FSM gives a SST number of course, but that doesn't help much.

Thanks

A bunch of vendors on here sell them for cheap, I made the mistake of getting bent over by the local cornhole (cornwell) tool guy for an OTC made one. 54mm.

I've heard some sockets are too big around to fit in there, but the two brands I used had no problem. Craftsman, and I don't remember the other brand, another Chinese make.

Mine is bluepoint brand. Your local Snap-on dealer sells them. You want the cheaper version he sells for the thinner wall that works. The adapter from 3/4 down to 1/2" cost about as much as the socket.

yep...i opted for a specific axle hub nut socket, as they're thin walled, unlike the HD 3/4 drive 2 1/8" sockets. they dont need to be super heavy duty and definitely not for impact use. i think the max torque one puts on it is 40somthing ft-lbs.

oddly enough, the 55 i bought stated it was specifically for toyota 4X4s, minis and FJs. it was a touch big, but worked fine to torque spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom