what size garage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i'm gonna buy some property, and i want to build a garage with an apartment above.
i've been looking at a few plans and theres a couple i like. one is a 28' x 26' 2 car garage and the other is a 40' x 26' 3 car garage. i wonder how much more $$ the bigger one would be and if the small one is big enough for my one cruiser. what size garage's do you have?

This would be better in outfitting, but maybe Phat Max or Gumby will move it.

Go the biggest you can afford. Otherwise you'll never be happy. The one attached to my house right now is 24x26 w/ 11' ceiling. Totally small. I can't even fart in there.

go 200'x200' if ya can. :D

One more thing, the size of the garage is important, but just as important are the other things like heat, lighting, electricity, s***ter etc.

Exactly like Junk says, go as big as you can afford and then some. I've got 3 acres and just built a 40 x 30 shop that I've already outgrown. At least add a concrete slab to the side of the structure, you can always cover that later.

It's not the size of you Garage that matter's, It's how you use it that counts! :D

My Garage is 20x38 and is O.K. for one cruiser no extra parts. Other than that you would need more space. I build house's and if you are building a detatched garage and can afford to spend 10 to 15 dollars a square ft for the extra space than do it. But If you are trying to get the most for your money look into a Metal Bld with a High Pitched roof and frame in a loft in the upstairs portion, That makes for an awsome shop/live space. 40x60 is what I recommend.... :p

http://www.designamerica.com/proplans/15031ga.htm

this is the 3 car garage i'm looking at. just a big box, so it should be pretty cheap to build. plus i do HVAC and plumbing for a living and know a bunch of contractors, so that should keep costs down as well.

Check with town on max height of secondary structures. My town is 35', but you never know. I would not build anything without at least 8' tall doors. Get a decently high ceiling in the garage. Even if you don't put in a lift, you may end up having something lifted for months at a time.

Consider the radiant floor heating.

What all type of work on the trucks will you do? Fabrication? Restoration? Typical maint?

Make sure you talk to Koffer. That dude has the coolest setup I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom