What should my O2 sensor output look like? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scottm

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got my OBDII scanner running, suspecting a bad O2 sensor. The #1 sensor jumps up and down as does the fuel/air mix, the #2 sensor is pretty steady at about .7Volts. On my other two cars both front and rear sensors seem pretty active, so I think that's bad.

http://www.troublecodes.net/articles/catfailure/

On the 80 the rear sensor will NOT follow the front, and be very glad yours doesn't, as it indicates bad cats. I just replaced both my sensors at 115K miles and the engine runs smoother and with more alacrity. I don't know what the mileage effect iis yet.

John Davies
Spokane WA

John E Davies said:
http://www.troublecodes.net/articles/catfailure/

On the 80 the rear sensor will NOT follow the front, and be very glad yours doesn't, as it indicates bad cats. I just replaced both my sensors at 115K miles and the engine runs smoother and with more alacrity. I don't know what the mileage effect iis yet.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Agree, just did both of mine at 111,000.

scottm said:
I've got my OBDII scanner running, suspecting a bad O2 sensor. The #1 sensor jumps up and down as does the fuel/air mix, the #2 sensor is pretty steady at about .7Volts. On my other two cars both front and rear sensors seem pretty active, so I think that's bad.

Thats actually about right for the o2 sensors on the LC. Is the front jumping or cycling? Meaning does is suddenly go from one voltage to another and then another or is is steadily going up-down-up-down-up?

Like this. This morning I cleared P0116(coolant temp sensor performance) and P0141(HO2S heater performance bank1 sensor 1), and tonight I got another code P0141(HO2S heater performance bank1 sensor2). This was idling in my driveway, after a couple hours of shutdown.
Sensors.JPG

scottm said:
Like this. This morning I cleared P0116(coolant temp sensor performance) and P0141(HO2S heater performance bank1 sensor 1), and tonight I got another code P0141(HO2S heater performance bank1 sensor2). This was idling in my driveway, after a couple hours of shutdown.

Hmm, what's the sample rate? o21 looks kind of allright depending on how many samples/time.

o2 #2 is usually pretty damn flat but that looks dead flat. I'll have to check though...

I need to get into my odbII sw anyway and do some temp tests...

scottm said:

Scottm - What application and/or devices gave you this output? What's a solid setup for being able to collect vehicle info and review on a PC?

This is a screenshot from a ProScan 3.2, I started a thread about these devices as I was searching for one: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=76332. I chose this one because it comes with the new Elmscan5, and the new ProScan 4.0 looks very good. Apparently ProScan4.0 is still in development, to be released any day now. I plan to make a writeup about it when I get it, no point in evaluating 3.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom