craigslist What should I offer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys. Just curious what you think it's worth. I think it's a little high of course. LMK. Thanks.

hmm, I don't think that's original paint and right below the plate looks like some repair. But it looks pretty, and I like the color. I'd offer 21k and tell him how much of a fan you are, come up a little. He's been waiting 14 days already.
Some things to check
2nd fuel tank install quality
Rust in usual areas
The booster, he seems to be going through brake fluid
Sun roof - I never met one that didn't leak
I thought they had shoulder seat belts, maybe on 75's they only had lap belts?
Looks like the fiberglass top back rubber is bad, they are using some type of tape for leaks

Last edited:
The #bezelpolice are going to throw a flag on this one...

Great cosmetics. Don’t know how it could appear that good without body work and paint. Has it been sorted mechanically. Too many question without answers. May be a steal at the asking price if all things check out.

First off it has an aftermarket sunroof cut in. Since the roof is fiberglass that is a fairly easy repair, just need to get the correct angles. Unless Toyota was using two stage paint in '75 I would hazard a guess at re-paint which is not a bad thing...if done correctly. The engine bay is filthy, but I guess you don't see it with the hood closed.
And, is it a Federal vehicle? or an import. A look at the Vin tag will tell you. And yes, the bezel is upside down.
As to price, like Broncos, Scouts and Jeeps....the prices are all over the map. The most important issue is rust, is there and where? I always look for spot weld dimples in the sheet metal for originality as that can be a telling factor.

The blue painter's tape on the hardtop gasket above the ambulance doors is interesting...I'd ask about that.

Thanks guy. Did you see the plywood under the drivers seat in one of the pics? Weird. I am going to look at it this weekend. I have a 74 but she is pretty rusty. Imagine that. Just looking to possibly upgrade.

Sun roof - I never met one that didn't leak

I can't understand why someone would put a "sun roof" in a roof that comes completely off. If you want more sun, take the whole thing off :rofl:!

MM

So I looked at it. Owner is a nice guy, retired veteran. He's only had it for 7 months. He is firm on the price, was offered 23k and turned it down. Owner said it was painted 10 years ago but looks a lot newer. He was reluctant to let me drive it. The clutch started catching very late in the stroke. My 74 is a long stroke but not this long. The extra fuel tank is jacked. Not connected and he said it needs cleaned. It is a CA FJ, so it has all the smog crap on it. It started a little rough felt like the battery was pretty weak also. No rear heater and no headliner. It drove pretty good but I did not get it up to highway speeds. The jump seats are in perfect condition and the radio works and is in excellent condition. The owner seems to be a flipper. He had other toys and vehicles that he seems to be selling. All and all I think it is a nice rig but I was a little concerned with him not wanted me to drive it and with the owner being a flipper. I'm out, maverick you're in.

He was reluctant to let me drive it.

How lame is that? Does he store it in Nigel's Guitar Room? Looks like a nice truck, but sometimes it's the diamond merchant that turns you away, not the diamond. I think 23K would be plenty as shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom