Ford What shocks do you use on your Superduty? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 Diesel. 70K miles. Factory shocks. Ride seems to be suffering so I am thinking about replacing shocks. Anyone replaced their shocks? If so, what did you use and are you happy?

i stuff dead midgets in there. kinda squishy at first, but as they decompose the ride firms up. the hard part is replacement. shipping from the carny sites in CA aint cheap. and they arnt easy to mount. they protest, unlike rancho's.

Unfortunately, I only have 3 dead midgets here. I took them to the taxidermist and now use them as lawn jockeys. X2 on the shipping charges. I was looking at the Rancho shocks and they seem a bit more reasonable in regards to price, but also found many that recommended the Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks.

After the factory shocks wore out I tried the dead midgets and wasn't happy with that. So I recently went with Monroes top of the line "Reflex". So far so good.

Well I ordered some Bilsteins yesterday after more research on the web. I'll post up my impressions when installed which may be about 6 months from now at the rate my projects are going.

Got the Bilsteins on yesterday. 20 miles on them so far and I am impressed. I made a point of hitting all of the bumps and holes I could find on the road. Much better ride than the factory shocks. I'll try them out on my property this weekend. Might be a little while before I can post on towing heavy equipment impressions.

One little bit of info I had to look up on the web was the boots go down as opposed to Rancho which has boot up. However, there may be a specialty version for lifts and such that has boot up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom