What Seats To Use in my 71' FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What seats work well in a FJ40?

I was thinking about Tahoe seats with power.

Any other ideas?

have s10 leather buckets in my wifes 69 with full power and they work nice will require som fab work have 85 toyota forerunner seats in my 70 and volvo buckets in my 65 so you can basiclly do what you want with a little work good luck

what ever seats I use will have heaters, if I have to put them in or not fine. but when it's cold and you have heated seats it sure makes a difference. specially with the top off!!!! you can get them at jc whittney by the way

Subaru Outback seats have heaters, and can be made to fit...(most anything can be made to fit, just depends on your skills and imagination!

Cheers!

I have not found a good pair to put in my 40 yet, but I'm looking for a pair from a late model Hyundai Tiburon. Don't laugh. They are very nice. They have lots of manual adjustments so they are very comfortable without dealing with wiring. The mounting rails look very similar to OEM cruiser seats. I have not been able to measure any yet, but they look like they could be made to fit fairly easily. Here are a couple of pics...

Help me out if you find more than one pair!
Tiburon GT Seats 10.jpg
Tiburon GT Seats 15.jpg

This is like asking if blondes, brunettes, or red-heads are better looking...lol

Good luck and use the search function... many many threads.

Scott

A few of you mentioned that you may want my original seats. They have recently been recovered. They are the bucket seats in very good condition. Let me know if there is interest.
DSC_0387.jpg

Last edited:
I had Honda seats in my 71, and fiero seats in my 80, they have the speakers in the headrest and fit nice...

This is like asking if blondes, brunettes, or red-heads are better looking...lol

Good luck and use the search function... many many threads.

Scott

The answer to that is ummm....... Which ever one has the biggest head rests. :D

yes. I like the tank in that location. Look neat, real dangerous. Just the way I like it.

Check out the mastercraft baja RS. They are awesome!!! You can customize the fabrics too. Check out their web site for ideas. I would suggest getting the adjustable head rest. They are, by far, the best seats I've seen and sat in for a 4x4.

The lumbar supports are reinforced and nicely padded. You won't be disappointed.

http://mastercraftseats.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom