What seat would sit the lowest (I am 6'4 and looking to swap out the front seats) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

As mentioned, it's time to swap out the front seats of my Land Cruiser. I know a lot of you have swapped seats with a variety of different ones. I am hoping to get some insight on a seat that would sit lower than the stock seats. Being a taller guy it would be great to find something and have a good amount of leg room.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Jayson

IMG_8871.jpeg

I have nothing of value to share, so please report back if you find something that works.
Think the pinch point on seat replacement is the bracketry. Tons of decent looking options for seats on Ebay at surprisingly affordable prices.
But are seats worth buying before trying?

Switch to OEM cloth manual seats - I believe they provide a little bit more room than the electric versions. Also you could try a seat bracket from wits end to move your current seat a little further back - this will give a little more head height as the roof slopes a little. I am 6'4" and found that I can find a reasonably comfortable position with the oem electic seats without any modifications/brackets by adjusting the fore/aft and up/down and tilt of the bottom seat :meh:

Switch to OEM cloth manual seats - I believe they provide a little bit more room than the electric versions. Also you could try a seat bracket from wits end to move your current seat a little further back - this will give a little more head height as the roof slopes a little. I am 6'4" and found that I can find a reasonably comfortable position with the oem electic seats without any modifications/brackets by adjusting the fore/aft and up/down and tilt of the bottom seat :meh:
Wits end has modified seat brackets? I got some from Landtank for my electric seats. It's somewhat of a project, but the two inches makes a huge difference for legroom.

X2 on the 80 series cloth seats. They are said to provide a tad more legroom and also would sit lower. (6'5" here)

I'm short (5'-10"), but notice a huge difference between my new '94 80 series cloth seats and former '96 leather seats. So much more room.

Not the cheap or OEM option, but I am 6'5" and Scheel-mann Vario XL seats have made the truck much more pleasant to drive. Many threads on this option.

Hi All,

As mentioned, it's time to swap out the front seats of my Land Cruiser. I know a lot of you have swapped seats with a variety of different ones. I am hoping to get some insight on a seat that would sit lower than the stock seats. Being a taller guy it would be great to find something and have a good amount of leg room.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Jayson

View attachment 3314406
I'm also 6'4" in a 91. I actually like the factory seats. Found them to be a bit low and short front to back though.

Bought these:

Game changer.

Then added Escape Gear durable seat covers. No looking back.

Wits end has modified seat brackets? I got some from Landtank for my electric seats. It's somewhat of a project, but the two inches makes a huge difference for legroom.

X2 on the 80 series cloth seats. They are said to provide a tad more legroom and also would sit lower. (6'5" here)
I think they are landtanks - just saw it on witsend website and that's what came to mind when typing.

I'm also 6'4" in a 91. I actually like the factory seats. Found them to be a bit low and short front to back though.

Bought these:

Game changer.

Then added Escape Gear durable seat covers. No looking back.
I'm 6'2", so not as lanky as most of you guys! That said, I have a 94 with cloth and Escape Gear covers, found that the seat is a little close to the wheel and somewhat flat feeling....I did the desertdoesit brackets too...I like the feel overall and amazingly enough does give more legroom with the angle, but I wish I had one click forward on the seat back as it feels somewhat reclined all the time. Not really an issue, but may address at some point, thinking I could cut a new notch in the adjuster range to be able to pull the back up just a bit, but I haven't pulled any covers off yet to truly inspect options. Another comment is that the Escape Gear covers are fantastic, but definitely take away the cushiness of the cloth seats that allow you to sink in a bit...again, not really an issue as I'm keeping them on there to protect my seats that are in like new condition underneath!

In all fairness, I have not been in an 80 with leather, so I can't chime in on the cloth manual and leather power debate. I wish there was an option to extend the brackets like the @landtank version for the power rails....

I just helped a friend install Scheelmann seats in his 80. Compared to the original seat on the passenger's side, I was surprised to see how much lower they are than OEM and provide a ton of room. Not a cheap option though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom