What seat covers for 1997 LX 450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My check for my LX450 cleared yesterday. I'm trying to line up my ducks before it arrives in Missoula.

I want to protect all of the LX's leather seats -- front, rear, and the two 3d row or fold-away -- from abrading or falling apart from normal use.

What brand and model/part# seat covers wear best for 97 LX450? I strongly want to avoid "cowboy camouflage" look.

i really like my wet okole two toned seats. fit and finish is very nice.

k

Please furnish a link to buying theses seat covers.

Best I have found are Caltrend Prestige seat covers. Custom fit for all 3 rows and sold at Toyota dealerships where I live. If you want the cloth look they are fantastic. Everyone is amazed when I tell them I have leather seats as they could swear I had a cloth interior. Need to post a picture, but computer problems at home....

Good luck,

Russell

Naphtali said:
Please furnish a link to buying theses seat covers.
google

wetokole.com (although asking q's thru their 1-800 is faster)

I remember someone mentioning good cloth covers... search 80's tech forum for that
Also, ebay has semi-custom covers for cheap. You can scan those pages.

i got a set of the spectre off road tuff duck seat covers.. i have yet to sit on them but the wife approves!

I went to the local Toy dealer and ordered custom fit front seatcovers for about $70 shipped. I can't locate the company name. I am very impressed with the quality, hugely better than any off the shelf covers I looked at in a number of stores. All three rows are available. The dealer had many fabric swaths to choose from so you might want to take the 80 there to match colors if you go that route.

I've only had them for a month, but did do a 350 mile day on them and no dis-comfort (ie: sweating, bunching up) at all.

Napthali,

I have a set of fabric Great Covers on the 2nd row. They fit great and look good though I doubt anyone would confuse them with original seats. Check their clearance section and you might get a better price.

-B-

GT Covers, http://www.gtcovers.com/, are the same as Great Covers, B posted about. If you want waterproof, they over the cordura, these are great, both GT and Great make their covers with a pattern specific to the Land Cruiser/LX.

Several others have gotten both the cloth and cordura from one of the above.

vancouverusa_pete said:
My recommendation is for Great Covers www.gtcovers.com. I bought a set for the front and 2nd row and I absolutely love them. Comfortable and extremely well built. You can't go wrong with these !
Welcome, Pete!

Naphtali- I also recommend the gtcovers, though I don't have them yet for the LX, I had a pair in my last 4runner, they are top quality, custom fit and reasonably priced.

these GTcovers, how easy are they to put on and off?

Several of you have recommended GT Covers and wet okole. Neither of these offer covers for 1997 LX450. Wet okole's response was strange: the earliest LX450 covers they make are 1999.

Should I be looking for/at 1997 fzj80/Land Cruiser covers -- that is, are 1997 Land Cruiser seats identical to 1997 LX450 seats?
My fashion sense is close to zero. What seat cover color(s) are appropriate for black exterior?
attachment_003.jpeg
attachment.jpeg
attachment_008.jpeg

My Dad put wet okoles in his f350 and they are great BUT and I am not the only one who complains about this... the neoprene doesn't breathe very well and will give you a major case of swamp ass on long trips.

I think I am going with Tuff Duck covers when I get the cash...

My previoous posting, with images, omitted that interior is tan/light brown.

Exterior is black with gray cladding on [lower portion of] doors.

e9999 said:
these GTcovers, how easy are they to put on and off?

I put the 2nd row on at lunch one day. Easy.

Naphtali said:
My previoous posting, with images, omitted that interior is tan/light brown.

All LX450's have tan guts. It's the same color as the LC "oak." The LX seats are identical to the LC seats as far as fitment goes.

-B-

SOR Tuff Duck.. very nice

Firetruck41 - Thanks for the welcome. Been here a short while acting in stealth mode.....

naphtali - not sure if the seats in your LX are the same as my LC, but looking at your pictures, they sure look like they are the same. When I put mine on, I had all three rows of seats in the driveway since I had pulled all of them out for a full carpet power wash (the carpet smelled like wet dog). It did not take me long to fit up the seat covers though. They go on smoothly and the fit and finish is perfect ! I would suggest pulling the seats out to do this, but is absolutely is not necessary. With seats in, should take about 1 hour per row. Pulling the seats out gives you the option to clean and grease the worm gears for the electric seats, and it allows you access to clean the carpet under the seats (at least for the first row seats). Pulling the seats is EASY. Enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom