What rims fit FZJ/LX 450s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1997 LX 450. It has Toyota 16x8JJ 0 alloy wheels and Dunlop GrandTrek 270/75/R16 tires. For my driving, significantly larger rims or tires is not necessary.

I need to buy four rims for studded snow tires. What rims -- for any other vehicle, as well as those made specifically for FZJs and LX 450s -- fit my LX?
I got my truck up and running (Master Technicians aka Toyotas Only aka Toyotas R Us in Missoula) about seven months ago. Seeley Lake is about an hour from Missoula. I have had ample time on road to identify mileage of the LX 450 when unloaded, and when moderately loaded -- for example, a grocery run.

And I gotta say to those who has been wringing hands about poor fuel economy: You have a screw loose in the driver. Tighten it and fuel efficiency will become acceptable.

My LX's starting fuel efficiency was 12.9 mpg. Learn foibles of the truck -- for example, that accelerator has a heavy return spring to overcome -- and fuel efficiency became 16.3. Learn to look ahead when on the highway, and replace a failing oxygen sensor and fuel efficiency has stabilized between 17 and 17.9 mpg. I'm not talking a one-time thing. During our heat wave last month fuel efficiency was at the low end because the air conditioning had to work harder. In under-90-degree temperatures, about 17.5 mpg is normal. I expect winter/snow fuel efficiency to be in the 16 mpg area. . . . Let the stoning begin.

Naphtali said:
I have a 1997 LX 450. It has Toyota 16x8JJ 0 alloy wheels and Dunlop GrandTrek 270/75/R16 tires. For my driving, significantly larger rims or tires is not necessary.

I need to buy four rims for studded snow tires. What rims -- for any other vehicle, as well as those made specifically for FZJs and LX 450s -- fit my LX?
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=91604
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=90535
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=81715

search?

Naphtali said:
And I gotta say to those who has been wringing hands about poor fuel economy: You have a screw loose in the driver. Tighten it and fuel efficiency will become acceptable.

My LX's starting fuel efficiency was 12.9 mpg. Learn foibles of the truck -- for example, that accelerator has a heavy return spring to overcome -- and fuel efficiency became 16.3. Learn to look ahead when on the highway, and replace a failing oxygen sensor and fuel efficiency has stabilized between 17 and 17.9 mpg. I'm not talking a one-time thing. During our heat wave last month fuel efficiency was at the low end because the air conditioning had to work harder. In under-90-degree temperatures, about 17.5 mpg is normal. I expect winter/snow fuel efficiency to be in the 16 mpg area. . . . Let the stoning begin.

it's obvious that either i need some serious help with my driving ahbits or you need some serious help calculating your fuel consumption. i'm banking on the latter. 17.5 mpg in 90 degrees weather, at 3000 plus feet elevetion with the a/c on. ok sure. :smokin:

you got one of those vortex thingies in that there engine? :idea:

ace10: You'd be banking wrongly.

No errors in calculations. No errors in methodology. No vortex thingie to the best of my knowledge. And I do not hook a winch to the back of a long haul truck headed where I want to go. . . . Oh, yes, I haven't yet tried the cruise control to see whether I'll do still better. I have, however, filled my tank at the exact same pump since the first of May, [an] Exxon unleaded regular.

It's okay to be certain I'm wrong. I identify what the truck is capable of. Since the only person who benefits from my being accurate is me, fibbing to myself serves me no useful purpose. Mistakes and lies show themselves on credit card statements.
The links to rims' threads are like gold for me. Many thanks. Now I can spend less money than I feared.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom