what repairs or mods do you still have to make? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Locker came while I was at work today, that was quick. I'll be off friday so if its not too stinking hot I'm going to try and drop it in. I cant wait to test this thing out.

I'm heading to auto zone now for a couple things, am I missing anything?

2.5 L of SAE 80w90

some RTV to close the Diff cover( or should I buy a gasket???)

Brake cleaner

Lintless shop towels???

Beer (I'll have to get that from Sheets)

If anyone is going to be near c-town, stop by and make sure I'm doing it right.

Locker came while I was at work today, that was quick. I'll be off friday so if its not too stinking hot I'm going to try and drop it in. I cant wait to test this thing out.

2.5 L of SAE 80w90

Brake cleaner

Lintless shop towels???

looks good. Just use black rtv. put it on and let it sit on the cover for 10-20 min before you bolt it back on. and make sure you get all of the stock gasket off for a good seal. once its in and you drive it some its going to really feel weird and every now and then it will unload and make a big bang noise. its normal.

I got about half way through the install but dont have a feeler gauge, not sure what to do...

Where it says I should have between .006 and .020 on either side of the pin, I "feel like its good the pin can sit right inbetween and feel like its touching both sides but spin freely....pretty weak I know. I guess I have to get my hands on a feeler gauge.

I couldnt get the secong c clip back on anyways, I'll look at it again tomorrow.

2.5 L of SAE 80w90

Brake cleaner

Lintless shop towels???

a feeler gauge! :lol:

the 2nd c clip is a little fun. I havent used a feeler guage yet just gone by look and feel.

I put one in today and it went as usual. I forgot how much i hate those springs.

I finished mine this morning, I cant wait to test it out

before/after

found my SD card to usb adapter, heres install pics.

Driving up to rausch in the morning!
023.jpg
027.jpg

The locker was awesome. I could tell a night and day difference. A couple of the rigs I was with were open/open and I watched them hang up more than once where they had wheels spinning catty corner of eachother, and I was able to churn right over the obstacle. However...

My truck kept popping out of 4 low. It either popped into 2 low or popped up into neutral. It usually happened when the truck was bouncing around durring an incline. I HAVE to fix this before the fall crawl.

hit up a dealer and get a new indent spring. They usually wear out. Got any pics of the trip?

I wen t out the night before to get a new camera and tested it the night before but apperently the new camera wont reformat the old SD card So it only let me take the 6 pictures the internal memory could hold.
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg

couple more, they had the North East territory open but it's an additional ten bucks to wheel it. I'd like to check it out at the fall crawl.
001.jpg
002.jpg

Chris should know what that last rock feels like on his back lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom