What product for long term window rubber seal protection? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

My vehicle has sunlight exposed rubber seals for all windows incl the windshield. Even though the vehicle is 35 years old, the seals still look OK without cracks but somewhat faded compared to new rubber. I am not looking for a solution for the door seals.

I want to treat these window rubber seals with a product so that I can get another 35 years out of them. I am not looking for a quick fix where I apply some sort of "rubber conditioner" every 3-6-12 months on and on. I want a more permanent fix, an apply and forget product.

Can anyone recommend a suitable product for long term rubber protection? I read that some people in the US are very fond of a rubber protectant called 303 - but I feel (without knowing) that it needs to be applied quite often.

Does anyone have personal long term (several years) experience with silicone oil or silicone grease?

Lucas

I’ll 2nd that

I've used the 303 product to take dried out rubber/seals and bring them back to usefulness, via soaking. I also use it to wipe down rubber on an irregular basis. My guess is that anything you apply is going to need regular reapplication, as a consequence of weather and washing. Anything heavy enough to withstand that would likely impact adjacent surfaces, like paint. Anything that dries to a solid coating will crack and chip as the rubber flexes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom