what possible toyota motor swaps are out there for a fj60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok so my 2f motor is pretty tired and i need to do about 2 grand worth or stuff to get her running smooth again so i was wondering what kind of motor swaps are out there i know of the 350 chevy swap and ive heard of the turbo diesel swap as well but i was wondering since i see the newer 4runner with the 6cyl and other toy trucks if anyone has done anything along that line,sorry if this comes off sounding dumb but im new to the scene thanks in advance and if anyone has pictures of these swaps id like to see them

it all comes down to the size of your wallet, i've seen just about everything big block chevs look good!:beer:

When my stock engine shows the first sign of going I'm putting in a diesel 12HT which was the stock engine everywhere else in the world for my 87 60 series.

icic i was wondering has anyone done a tundra swap? or anything along those lines? i know a few people back in the import car scene have put toyota v8 swaps in a corolla so i know the skys the limit but anyone on here?

cool,ill try and look it up, i really want to swap in something with more power but i want to keep it toyota if all possible, my buddy has a turbo supra swap sitting in his backyard that he would pretty much give me its the 1jz motor i wonder how that would do anyone? tranny wise what would i use? sorry to sound so dumb but im really new to these rigs

cool,ill try and look it up, i really want to swap in something with more power but i want to keep it toyota if all possible, my buddy has a turbo supra swap sitting in his backyard that he would pretty much give me its the 1jz motor i wonder how that would do anyone? tranny wise what would i use? sorry to sound so dumb but im really new to these rigs

A Supra and a Land Cruiser are very different animals. A Cruiser needs an engine with plenty of torque and one that can do it all day long, pulling a trailer uphill in 100 degree temperatures in a cloud of dust. I don't think the Supra motor is going to do that, at least it won't do it for very long. Diesels and sturdy, proven V8s are the likely the best choices considering the nature of the beast.

go diesel, then add a turbo if it doesnt have one.
1jz is a little car motor
you need a manly truck motor

you cant put anything you want in.
id say go with a 4cyl hino motor out of a little hino truck, mate to a 5speed/split case, and youd be the coolest guy on the forum

yea that true on the car motor thing, i was just throwing it out there to see if its been done or get some oter people to chime in, ive seen quite a few of those hino trucks for sale at the auctions for dirt cheap hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ill have to keep searching

third gen 1jz puts down 280ft/lbs at 2400rpm. with 4.10 gears sounds like winner. alot of money and fab but unique. as far as being a car motor...350s came in cars, 2uz is derived from the 1uz found in lexus cars. as long as your gearing suits the engine's powerband.

ok so my 2f motor is pretty tired and i need to do about 2 grand worth or stuff to get her running smooth again so i was wondering what kind of motor swaps are out there i know of the 350 chevy swap and ive heard of the turbo diesel swap as well but i was wondering since i see the newer 4runner with the 6cyl and other toy trucks if anyone has done anything along that line,sorry if this comes off sounding dumb but im new to the scene thanks in advance and if anyone has pictures of these swaps id like to see them

I think you need to make up your mind about a budget first, and decide on how many complications you want to go through. If you want to go with a modern Tundra/Lexus/Supra/4Runner engine you need the complete (expensive) donor truck, and you will play with lots of electrical and computer gremlins. You are looking at a lot of money.
A modern Toyota diesel engine (1HZ, 1HDT) will also cost you a fair amount of money, but will be easier to control, as they run on much less electrics. However, you need a fair bit of knowledge, and you will have to change many, many small things that can cause headaches.

The easiest swap would be to pick up another 2F somewhere and plunk it in. The next easiest on the list is a 2H or 12HT diesel (the 12HT will not be cheap either). In any case, make sure you get all the small things like relays, switches, wiring harness, tach...with it.

Unless you go the used 2F route, anything above will cost you a lot more than 2k.

cheers,
Jan

Actually you can make a 2H run with no electrics involved .. but I need to admid that the EDIC with let you do few more things more easy ..

Add a turbo to any heatly 2H and you will see descent power .. I also like the 12H-T engine .. just a short production engine that will need a few more thinks to run ..

Honestly i was me and tight budget, I will do a V8 conversion ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom