What parts are needed for rubber replacement on the Suspension? '05 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about spending on redoing all the bushing, rubber pieces, globes, etc.

we're at 190k miles and figure I could tighten her up.

So, the question is... what are all the parts I would need for this?

I lightly searched, but didn't spend hours so if there's an already existing thread I'll accept that link as well!

Also will be doing steering column as it does have a SLOWWWWW leak.

I'd look at the diagrams on partsouq, that should give you a starting place. Off the top of my head I'd think of:

sway bar bushings, ball joints, tie rods

going deeper you could do control arm bushings, diff bushings, rack retainer

Thinking about spending on redoing all the bushing, rubber pieces, globes, etc.

we're at 190k miles and figure I could tighten her up.

So, the question is... what are all the parts I would need for this?

I lightly searched, but didn't spend hours so if there's an already existing thread I'll accept that link as well!

Also will be doing steering column as it does have a SLOWWWWW leak.
You want someone on here to list all the parts you need for your unknown year / model vehicle? I guess it's an LX because you mentioned globes.

Do what trunk monkey said via partsouq HERE or just call your toyota parts department and ask them the same question after you provide them your VIN

How does a steering column leak, isn't it a solid piece of metal leading to the rack? Is it leaking at the rack?

You want someone on here to list all the parts you need for your unknown year / model vehicle? I guess it's an LX because you mentioned globes.

Do what trunk monkey said via partsouq HERE or just call your toyota parts department and ask them the same question after you provide them your VIN

How does a steering column leak, isn't it a solid piece of metal leading to the rack? Is it leaking at the rack?

Yes, it's the rack.

At least I finish reading everything before spouting off... please look at the title/subject of the message.

Also, drinks at The Northern tonight?

So far for anyone that does search for something like this...

BUSH, FRONT LOWER ARM, NO.1, RH/LH​

Part number: 4865460020​

BUSH, FRONT SUSPENSION UPPER ARM, RH/LH​

Part number: 4863260010​

BUSH, STABILIZER(FOR REAR)​

Part number: 4881526250​

BUSH(FOR REAR SHOCK ABSORBER)​

Part number: 9038519010​

BUSH(FOR FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER)​

Part number: 9090389016​

BUSH(FOR REAR STABILIZER BAR)​

Part number: 4884960010​

This will be updated as parts are found. If anyone wants to contribute, please let me know

Last edited:
I'm in the process of assembling the same list. Planning on doing new OEM control arms F&R, globes, shock bushings, steering rack bushings, sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, and diff/engine mounts, off of the top of my head.

Yes, it's the rack.

At least I finish reading everything before spouting off... please look at the title/subject of the message.

Also, drinks at The Northern tonight?
My bad , running hot today , great shame on me

Partsouq will be your best friend, easy to pull part numbers off and get it done. VIN number helps.

Partsouq will be your best friend, easy to pull part numbers off and get it done. VIN number helps.
No drinks at the northern?

I can be there in 10 minutes and we can lookup parts numbers together!

I'm in the process of assembling the same list. Planning on doing new OEM control arms F&R, globes, shock bushings, steering rack bushings, sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, and diff/engine mounts, off of the top of my head.
feel free to post what you've found too.

Def no shame on you. OP should be searching - info is all over on here, or he can use partsouq like @Trunk Monkey said.

Def no shame on you. OP should be searching - info is all over on here, or he can use partsouq like @Trunk Monkey said.

SO if the info is all over here... that means someone has it assembled and may be able to answer my question? or by "all over" you mean "it's in bits and pieces across hundreds of threads so you'll have to sort through those"?

SO if the info is all over here... that means someone has it assembled and may be able to answer my question? or by "all over" you mean "it's in bits and pieces across hundreds of threads so you'll have to sort through those"?
That means you should stop be lazy and search and figure it out. If you dive into threads around here people have been kind enough to post part numbers many times.

I would know, because I've done this... many times.

That means you should stop be lazy and search and figure it out. If you dive into threads around here people have been kind enough to post part numbers many times.

I would know, because I've done this... many times.
and yet you fail to notice that i'm not being lazy, i'm assembling a list of part numbers and attempting to centralize them into one specific area so that it's easy to reference...

No drinks at the northern?

I can be there in 10 minutes and we can lookup parts numbers together!
Sorry brother not a drinker =\

It may actually just be cheaper to order front Upper/Lower Control Arms and rear suspension arms than the bushings!!!

FYI: Cruiser Outfitters has a full bushing replacement kit for $925. My pricing appears to be $700 for all the metal and what i think is going to be the bushings but i'm trying to verify.

It's not cheaper to purchase the arms I assure you. I have been doing exactly this for the last several weeks. I have a completely assembled list for all of the bushings. You can rebuild a front UCA with oem bushings and a 555 ball joint for roughly $130. A new one from a dealership is about $325. You can however get a cheap aftermarket replacement from somewhere like rockauto for about $125 but the quality is terrible. The cheapest route and keep oem quality is definitely to rebuild the arms.

You can however get a cheap aftermarket replacement from somewhere like rockauto for about $125 but the quality is terrible.
You may want to try a cheaper one for $109 from Rockauto.

BTW Beck and Arnley Upper Control arms are Toyota OEM ;)
Pic from RockAuto:

Funny this topic, I have assembled a similar list using toyodiy.
All up I am at 40 parts, not including the rear arm which apparently doesn't have a separate OEM bushing.
Total cost including shipping to Australia AUD $ 845
That's for rear sway bar and shocks, front axle and steering knuckle, front spring and shock, front axle and diff.
My car is 20 years old so I gather it would made a huge difference.

The only thing I am still reading up on is how to get some of those bushings out without a press.

You may want to try a cheaper one for $109 from Rockauto.
No they're not. They just use the picture. I saw that thread too. When the part actually came in it was cheap crap made in taiwan. I sent it back for a refund. Maybe Beck-arnley used to be oem but they aren't anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom