What part is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title states, what is the cut part, and is it fixable? I'm assuming it's for the AC since it's not working. I'm rebuilding a 100 series front end from a collision. The front bumper was torn off and I have no idea what went missing. Is there a part number so I can replace it or fix it? Also, where can I get the harness for the fan? Please ignore the bumper filler wiring attachment. Getting to that... Thanks for the help!

20210422_144723.jpg

20210422_144730.jpg

It is a inspection port for the AC system. Why is the AC line cut?

I haven't a clue. The LC belonged to my dad. It was in a sandwich collision a few years ago and has been sitting in the garage since then. It was about to be scrapped last month but I decided I wanted to save it. Anyway the front bumper was just ripped off and they threw it in the cabin. My guess it was damaged in the crash then ripped off?

So is that line repairable? Is my ac fubar? I'm trying to keep it below 500.

I haven't a clue. The LC belonged to my dad. It was in a sandwich collision a few years ago and has been sitting in the garage since then. It was about to be scrapped last month but I decided I wanted to save it. Anyway the front bumper was just ripped off and they threw it in the cabin. My guess it was damaged in the crash then ripped off?

So is that line repairable? Is my ac fubar? I'm trying to keep it below 500.

Yes. It is likely repairable.

My suggestion is to check www.partsouq.com and enter the VIN and you will be able to track down the PN and price of the OEM line. Depending on your location, you may be able to source a used/good condition line from a parts vehicle.

If you decide not to repair your Land Cruiser, you could easily sell it as-is for decent amount of money depending on its overall condition.

What year is your Land Cruiser? The diagram you posted does not match, it looks more like the AC diagram for an 80 Series Land Cruiser.

Hmmm...Can you share your VIN here or in a PM?

OK...I am not sure what website you used, but it is not the correct parts diagram. I strongly suggest you try www.partsouq.com, and enter your VIN there. You can explore the Factory parts diagrams and find exactly what you need. The AC components are under the "Electrical" tab on the left side of the page.

The part you took the picture of, is that on the drivers side? If so, I am fairly certain it is part number 88726-60462. That said, Toyota has 3 options for this part.

FYI, if you pull the AC fuse (or disconnect compressor harness) you can just drive it as is without air con while you source parts and do the repairs. You just don't want the compressor clutch engaging and the compressor running without freon in the system. I have not done this on my 100, but we just did it on my neighbors 4runner as there is a national backorder on the replacement condenser (hit a bird).

FYI, if you pull the AC fuse (or disconnect compressor harness) you can just drive it as is without air con while you source parts and do the repairs. You just don't want the compressor clutch engaging and the compressor running without freon in the system. I have not done this on my 100, but we just did it on my neighbors 4runner as there is a national backorder on the replacement condenser (hit a bird).
Oof. Thanks for the heads up! I maybe drove it 5 miles round trip when I replaced all the fluids. Ill do that first thing tomorrow.

Oof. Thanks for the heads up! I maybe drove it 5 miles round trip when I replaced all the fluids. Ill do that first thing tomorrow.
You're not going to damage it with a short trip. No worries. It does use the freon as a lubricant though. If you know there is a damaged line the best thing you can do is seal it up with some JB weld putty or some durable tape to keep water/debris out while you get the replacement components.

Last edited:
I don't think the compressor will engage with no refrigerent in the system anyway. It needs pressure before it will turn on. You should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom