What Part Is This? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking for freinds in the chattanooga area

1977 fj40 350 chevy 4 speed. Rust & dust come free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
woah...welcome to mud. are the caps on purpose to make you sound excited?

x3 or x4 or ???

Some paragraphs would be nice too!! :rolleyes:

Now, what part was missing or robbed or ??? Off to take some Advil and call it a night...;p

SIMPLESOLUTION said:
...THIS WILL BE A FIRST FOR ME AND I AM KIND OF ON A SHOESTRING BUDGET...

Hmmm...I'm not sure such a statement exists when it comes to a FJ40...Maybe a looooonnnnnggggg slow restoration but I have a feeling you are figuring out by now that a FJ40 and shoestring budget don't really go hand-in-hand...

Good luck!

Let's leave GRAMMAR AND SUCH, as well as punctuation and sperling, out of my response (My attempt at humor). ;p

Welcome.

Huh?

May I suggest a fix to the budget that will need to be tailored a bit to accomodate your new Toy. Get a job at a computer store, and learn how to fix them as you get paid. You will be a pro in about 90 days. I know from experience, as this is my profession.

Next on the agenda: Get a Haynes repair manual. This is an inexpensive (minding the budget) and indispensible tool that will carry you through most repairs. Then you can rely on the experts here and understand the terminology (again, I know from experience) they use to carry out all of the repairs you will be performing.

Don't mind me...my DD is currently parked above tools and shoplights, so I have nothing better to do.;)

My brain hurts x2

Where are you at? Maybe another local cruiser head can come by and give you some help.

Use you new computer skills to post a photo of what you are talking about. In this case a photo is worth about 200 words.

Haynes sucks. When you can, buy a factory service manual. There are many places to get them and you will be much happier.

Until then, use Specter's website in conjunction with your Haynes - http://www.sor.com

Go to this page http://tinyurl.com/qey55, scroll down to the drawing for the appropriate year, and see if you can pick out which piece you're looking for.

Ok not so hard on the newby gentlemen,I had a lot to say, photos forth coming. Im in Chattanooga Tn. ,the cruiser is going to be a long project I am preparing for the long haul .I am a decent welder and a very handy craftsman.I plan to replace or repair all brake components ,shocks ,& leaf springs are rusted pretty bad anyone with parts to spare please email me @ jallumpkin@bellsouth.net .The chevy transplant was done by a Cleveland ,Tn. toyota tech. I need to do the brakes ,the pin on the shifter,& some electrical.Then I plan to drive as I upgrade other existing systems there are no leaks and no cracked glass plenty of rust though.the exhuast is new ,rear leaf spring shackles are new ,front brake lines are new, and probably some I havnt discovered yet.All your critisism is appreciated ,as well as your tricks and tips.Thanx in advance sorry for the long wind.

i dint even read that post my eyes started to bleed before i got throught the first runon sentence, going to ice my eyes

Ihaveanfj40andandfj55andilikethemlotshowtodrive?ontheroofmydoglikessocksandunderwearilikebeeranddrivingonrockswhatisthemeaningoflifeboredatworksothisiswhatidoanddontknowbasicengrishskillshowhungfatfingshengjerkyisbestwhenplayingontheslipandslidegrandmagotrunoverbyareindeerr.

Noah

:)

SimpleSol,

Not real familair with Tenn geography but there area couple of people maybe in your neighborhood that are Cruiser experts. One is TPI - Bob- who are located in Gallatin and have about all you would need for a Cruiser in the way of parts. http://www.tpi4x4.com/
The other is Steve at Steve's Off-Road, a Cruiser repair shop that is a long-time supporter of the Toyota Land Crusier Association. Steve doesn't have a web site or didn't and I think he is in Soddy Daisy, Tenn.

Good luck,
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom