What options for 36" wide bench seat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kent

Pedal Head
SILVER Star
Threads
I've got 36" between the rear fender wells. I can't mount a seat on top of the fender wells (too high) so I have to go between.

Are there any automotive seats that will fit that space? I can't find the specs on the Samari bench seats.

Corbeau makes a 36" wide bench seat but I would like to know if there are any cheaper options (Samari, van etc) before I have to settle for that option.

Samurai seat will fit perfect if your don't want to get corbeau. I ran the fold up Sami seat and liked it until I got my corbeau for the kids and love it.

The corbeau would be an option if it truly is the better way to go. I have a 4yr old and newborn. How well does the corbeau work with booster seat and/or child seat? Do you use 4 point harnesses or regular 3 point seat belts?

I have 4 point seat belts. I took my 4 yr old to mob with me on a booster seat never worried about her. The seat belts get super tight on her but i think she was safe. The seat is contoured and snug. Car seat I just used a ratchet tie down.

Personal preference I guess. I got the rear because I got front corbeaus To match you know. The Sami seat is nice cuz it folds up. If you are a daily driver the Sami seat would be good. If you don't need it you can fold it up.

I'm not sure what the price difference would be, but CCOT has a bench seat from Besttop they've modded a little with brackets and stuff for the FJ. Looks pretty nice too.

36" between the wells? Mine was 40.5"on a 74 tub and I installed a Prado fold and tumble with head rest with 1" clearance on each side. Is 36" the norm? Just curious! Pic of my seat sorry only one I have but comfy. Wanted a zuk seat but could not find one here.:cheers:
101_7162.jpg

I'm not sure what the price difference would be, but CCOT has a bench seat from Besttop they've modded a little with brackets and stuff for the FJ. Looks pretty nice too.

Expensive. I think 400$ plus

Jeep Tj seat fit great in mine and my brothers

Just go to Pick'n'Pull and take a middle seat out of a minivan. Hell, you might find one you don't have to reupholster....cheap, too.

No 36" isn't the norm, I made my own rear tub.

Thanks for the pics Cam.

If u need more let me know. Sounds like our babies are the same ages

I got a fold and tumble seat out of an 87 Dodge Raider. It worked perfectly.

If you click on my build thread in my sig line and skip to page 3, there are some decent pics.

If you were closer, I might think about getting rid of mine. My kids are grown and I am thinking of reinstalling the OEM jump seats.

Good luck.

Thanks, I wouldn't mind seeing how you did the harness/belts setup.

I'd echo this. I've got a Conferr rear seat I'm going to install for the kiddos and need to figure out how to do belts for them. Would be great to see what others have done.

Dittos on the Raider seat. It fit in perfectly, and at $5 at the u-pull, it is hard to beat. I modified the mount pins so that I can pull it by yanking 4 pins.

Dittos on the Raider seat. It fit in perfectly, and at $5 at the u-pull, it is hard to beat. I modified the mount pins so that I can pull it by yanking 4 pins.

Will it fit between fender wells that measure 36"?

I'm klingons brother, I got the same Tj best top fold and tumble that CCOT uses, but from JC whintey for WAY less than COOT charges and took the stock TJ brackets and "modified" them with a hammer and anvil and a big vice. Making replacement brackets would have been easy too, but I wanted to see how hard it'd be just to straighten them out and use them. works great. Stronger than the COOT bracket too.

Cal-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom