What oil are you guys using on your 1FZ-FE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a newly owner of FZJ80 and Iwould like to know what oil are you guys using on your 1FZ-FE engine.. I know this has been discussed here but for some reason I cannot find it. I was thinking using the Castrol Edge 10W-30 or the Rotella T6 5W-40.. any recommendation? I live in Oregon so We don't really get the extreme cold but sometimes during winter we'll get down to around 15* not very often though.. and occasionally gets to 100* during summer.

Tractor motor. It don't care.

Use oil. Almost two gallons of it if you let the pan drip for a good long time. Use a quality filter.

You'll find testimonials from 0w20 to straight 30 to 15w50. People who swear by dino and people who swear by full synthetic.

I live in an area that experiences real winter and real summer so my last oil change was Delo 400LE 15w40 synthetic. Runs like a champ, seems a bit quieter than whatever was in it before that. I paid EIGHT DOLLARS A GALLON for that oil at a closeout liquidator. Someone returned an open case to Costco or something - bought all 3 gallons that they had. the third gallon went into my 1977 Fiat Spider.

This engine was designed to run on cheap gas in third world deserts and jungles for 300,000 miles and then get bored out and run another 300,000 miles.

Almost all of them are getting older these days, and in that case the best advice i can give you for your specific vehicle is to send samples out to Blackstone Labs or similar. It will take a few oil changes for them to be able to recommend a specific change of viscosity or time between changes.

Rotella T6 does have a lot of fans. I plan to run it in my newly rebuilt VW 1.6TD after i've broken it in. The experts tell me to break it in on Rotella T1 straight 30 weight diesel-spec dino, tho.

Only 10?

You didn't look very hard...:lol:

Shell Rotella 5w-40 for diesel engines. I want my engine to think it is a diesel, oh and the oil consumption is much less than the synthetic blend 5w-30. YMMV. Can of worms closed.

I love that no matter how dead the horse is, when the question is asked, people still chime in with what they use. People just like like to chat.

Like it was said, tractor engine, doesn't matter, read filler cap. These aren't finely tuned Ferrari engines, just sayin.

Stock weight 5-30, mobile1 synth because Costco stocks it. Probably overkill, but meh.
Switched over at around 160k mi. and gained at least .7 ft lbs torque

securedownload.jpg

That's not what the factory recommends, it's what the United States EPA recommends.

yup. in another country it would say something else.

I run Rotella in everything (motorized) I have, works fine

1414266402216.jpg
Best by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom