What not to do on Black Bear pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve seen some big trucks on that trail, situational awareness and taking everything cautiously is key. That’s Ben giving Rod advice on the very first hairpin turn.
B51E5FEE-0A9B-461A-B7BE-0882E1C020ED.jpeg

BlackBear is pretty easy but deserves your full attention and it does have a few spots that will make you pucker

Except for the steps and the turn to the right prior to the waterfall. Black bear is not that bad depending on your vehicle, Doing that in a 35 year old manual leaf sprung diesel was a challenge and I think ill be a passanger next time.

I am glad no one died in that video and hope she recovers to 100%. Hopefully this has been seen enough around the world to use as a lesson learned and reminds everyone about how forgetting something so simple can have devastating effects.

In the end does it really matter if the brake was set?
It does make one think going forward how much we all depended on PARK feature.

As a habit from youth, from owning a bunch of old, chitty CJ's, i always wedge a fat rock under the tire when stopped or turn/ wedge front wheels into rock. I also, to this day, glance under anything I drive, to see how much fluids have dripped out, since all those jeeps I had as a kid leaked like a sieve.

That is a horrific video.

EEEK!!!

A great example why we should program ourselves to subconsciously use the emergency/parking brake.

:confused: I have never unprogrammed myself since learning to drive in a stick-shift :meh:

Except for the steps and the turn to the right prior to the waterfall. Black bear is not that bad depending on your vehicle, Doing that in a 35 year old manual leaf sprung diesel was a challenge and I think ill be a passanger next time.

I am glad no one died in that video and hope she recovers to 100%. Hopefully this has been seen enough around the world to use as a lesson learned and reminds everyone about how forgetting something so simple can have devastating effects.

everything looks wrong when you have driven the trail before and then are a passenger - Michael and I have switched positions in various vehicles, and when a passenger, it always looks wrong :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom