What not stock front seats are you running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a pair of cloth Recaros from a VW that are a near perfect match to my factory bluish grey interior. Other priorities at the moment, but they'll find their way in.

These are the exact seats I have too - the non-powered recaros that were the NA spec seat in later 16v model GTI / GLI
The early ones were the real LSB seats with a bigger thigh bolster, but according to VW customer feedback, us fat Americans hated the thigh bolsters, so they shaved them, went to a manual tilt VW base (power ones took the std 6 bolt pattern base while these are a 1 piece unit) to satisfy the market here.

A buddy has the Toyota suspension seats in his BJ74. I was really impressed how they soaked up a lot of the jolts. It actually made off roading in his leaf sprung rig bareable.
I really don't like the factory seats either and at one point was looking into installing a set of Land Rover Discovery seats until I found out the factory seat controls were mounted in the DS door.

Do you have any details on the bases? Did you use a Procar adapter or directly drill the Toyota manual base for a different bolt pattern?

It's a replacement base that matches the stock mounting holes available from Procar. Manual operation of course.

We have used the Pro Car "Elite" series seats quite often and everyone seems to really like them. They can be purchased covered in vinyl or leather and are well built, comfortable and fairly easy to install.

do you have a link to this product?

thanks!

J

Subscribed

Procar does have an adapter that is built to order with a 4-6 week lead time - Wedge and Corbeau also show options.....

I used OEM manual sets and just bolted the seats to the factory sliders and spaced them up with 1/2 metal spacers front/ 3/4 rear ( ace hardware ) to get a better rake and elevation and then used longer grade 8 bolts.... the holes line up very close ..... you do need to secure factory seat belt ends to replace those on elec seats and mount those to the floor - on the passenger side on mine I had to fab a mount to get it in the right place as there wasn't a hole where it needed to be to fit correctly.

it's not hard but for sure just checking a box and waiting would be easier....

Wedge is making the mounts for my new seats - they have options on mounting and different optios for maufacturers.....

I also think Cypher does seats and mounts ......

90% of the aftermarket options are going to be

do you have a link to this product?

thanks! J

J,
Sure thing here is a link to the seats section of our website and a direct link to ProCar Seating. As I mentioned, they have a quality product.

Code:
http://www.ironpigoffroad.com//index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_33

Code:
http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Elite-Lumbar

I have Recaro Experts in my HZJ80.
Rails were made up by a company in Melbourne(can't remember the name at the moment).
image.jpg

We have done a lot of road and off-road Km's this year and they have been excellent.

Serious question- what have you guys done for the BACK seats?

Recaro car seat for the boy in back seat

I have Recaro Experts in my HZJ80.
Rails were made up by a company in Melbourne(can't remember the name at the moment).
View attachment 964667
We have done a lot of road and off-road Km's this year and they have been excellent.

those look AWESOME. always been a fan of Recaros. very cool :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom