What model is this Double Cab long truck with FJ40 VIN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Anyone know what this is specifically? VIN prefix FJ40.
there are no sign at all of metal work on the top or body.

1B9B116B-B0DF-4752-BD94-566B1B81F035.jpeg

994C5334-9E57-4DDE-814F-391D570D6AA2.jpeg

FC65763D-25A7-4003-B426-287D3F0427F4.jpeg

1C03AA10-6F31-4D61-B291-C878FB0728F5.jpeg

23EA96C0-AC5E-4741-9F68-BF284ED211CD.jpeg

Thats a mess is what it is. Looks good but the seal on the rear window is not sealing, rear shackle angle is inverted, front shackles are wierd, hood alignment is crap, door alignment is crap, front lockouts are painted , looks like rims were painted on the vehicle, rear wheel openings on bedside are different, I bet with more photos you'll find more crap whatever it is.

Agree, looks like troopy and a shortened top. A good metalworker (or someone good with filler) won’t leave evidence of their work shortening the top. They did leave evidence of something in the rear sill area: rivets or rust or something painted over near the emblems.
Those are 70 series front marker lights I believe. That and no dash pads screams South American import to me.
It may be others tastes and that’s fine, but that thing looks weird to me.

How the cap fits the rear right corner is crap. Too much over hang on the side and not enough in the back. FJ40 mainly the wheel length. Anything longer would be 43 or 45 on a petrol FJ4x.

o_O Scrape off that terrible paint job and all kinds of abuse will show up. That metal is likely a mix of bondo and hope. Might find a Kilo of south american import in there somewhere too.

I want to shield my eyes.... however the body work at the moment is much better than what my trucks looks like at the moment :meh:

to OP... are you looking to buy ..... or sell and posting here for info of what you got?

you were most likely seeing if this was some sort of rare toyota truck from japan... but... it is a frankin truck... its been modded... and from the mind of the PO in south america

I love the IH8MUD community! These are my people.
shocked-despicable-me.gif

Definitely an FJ49.992, the Uber rare "bastard son of a motherless goat" model. Highly collectable in South America and worth billions of centavos on today's market. 😁 Just kidding, I'm far from a purest but that thing is an abomination, I see plenty evidence of metal work. Side slider for a back window and ambulance door windows on the sides? Yuck! Sadly some fool will undoubtedly pay triple what it's really worth. 😔

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom