What mod did you add to your Toyota this weekend? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fjfodee

At a Medium Pace
SILVER Star
Threads
I built some 30mm front coil spacers for the 80.
Cost: A few hours.

Used some 1/4" flat plate and a piece of old axle tubing that I had laying around.

003.JPG

Cleaned the tube up then cut to size.

005.JPG

Made a template and cut the plates out.

008.JPG

Drilled holes for the bottom plates.
Drilled and taped for the top plates.

009.JPG

Ready to be welded and painted.

010.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

I don't have a Cruiser but Josh and I (mostly Josh) repaired my frame and put the panhard bar back on my Tacoma. He rigged it up where it can be quickly removed when going trail riding. That way I will have more stability while daily driving and not rip it off on the trail. We also hadto replace the aair regulator on my OBA set up.

And Josh put some new power steering lines on his Cruiser.

Was a good day in the garage.

It wasn't this weekend, but last night I "installed" Pfran's LED's in my dome lights and tail lights. Now it is brighter than the sun when a door is opened. Seriously---too bright for my taste. Oh well.

Next up: OEM bulbs behind the gauge cluster. Hard not to laugh when Onur said: "Little green condom" in the middle of our conversation. ;)

And Mark with the WIN!

Didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would post up here...

I have been thinking about just replacing the factory muffler with something new. After I heard YotaJosh 60 with his 40 series flowmaster I really would like something throaty like that. My only concern is the drone inside (not like it's a quiet ride in the first place haha).

So I was thinking between these options:

-Flowmaster 44
-Flowmaster 50
-Keep stock muffler and cut out cats (not sure how this would sound, but I think itd free up a few cobb webs)
-Magnaflow in currect length/config

Ideas, suggestions? I haven't found too many exhaust clips around

It won't sound exactly like Josh's, but I've heard some 2Fs that sound like V8s with flowmaster mufflers.

As far as noise in the cab...maybe there is more sound proofing on the 62s, or you could add some.
Brendan's mini has a flowmaster hushpuppie and the noise in the cab is annoying at the least.

A 18" Magnaflow should do the trick. I'm not really a Flowmaster fan and I don't know enough about what makes a 44 different from a 50.

The cat converter is probably original and due to be replaced or removed. Magnaflow makes cheap cats if you wanted to keep one in the system. I personally like a cat because it helps clean up the fumes that you get when you do a lot of slow moving wheeling with the windows down.

Yea that's true I don't have cats on my Sierra and it can get annoying in traffic at times with windows down.

But josh the 40 and 44 FM are 2 chamber while the 50 series is 3 chamber making it not as loud...

I have a 50 on my fj40 and love it....

I put a new valve cover gasket on today....

Can we possibly change the title since we have a wide variety of Toyota's here? Something more like "what did you do to your ride today"

lol ok...

I started a new project called "Light Up The Moon".

Got me a new 40" dbl row light bar
20131208_174526_zpse50c4125.jpg

Had some light brackets made
lightbrackets_zps1fd0318a.jpg

lightbarmockup_zpsb25051a7.jpg

Mocked up.. Still plenty of work to be done, but I'm liking how low this thing is gonna sit.

20131211_222234_zpsme4zhsxx.jpg

Were they out of the china gold color? On a serious note, were did you pick up the bar?

Nice those brackets are sweet, but how do they mount up on your pillar/roof?

I bet with both of those it's pretty dang bright now, just my 50" alone is crazy bright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom