What mod did you add to your Toyota this weekend? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not a mod, but an addition.

Going #EAF Lance!

IMG_0128.JPG

Been working on my Saginaw power steering on my 40... Put new pump and steering box on it.... I'm on my 3rd pump in 2 weeks....
Anyone have a good tip for getting the air out of system? The last 2 pumps worked for a very short amount of time... I'm convinced that it has to be air.... Have flushed prolly 1.5 gallons of power steering fluid through system..... It's getting to be a pain in the neck.... Any suggestions would be welcome.... Saginaw power steering set up with a cooler.....

Scott

Guess I should mention that I have jacked front end up and worked steering without motor running......

Been working on my Saginaw power steering on my 40... Put new pump and steering box on it.... I'm on my 3rd pump in 2 weeks....
Anyone have a good tip for getting the air out of system? The last 2 pumps worked for a very short amount of time... I'm convinced that it has to be air.... Have flushed prolly 1.5 gallons of power steering fluid through system..... It's getting to be a pain in the neck.... Any suggestions would be welcome.... Saginaw power steering set up with a cooler.....

Scott

My theories: batch of bad pumps (can happen with same brand from same store), trash in your lines and cooler that needs to be flushed out.

Going to replace steering box again.... My first 2 pumps I put in my old reservoir last pump had reservoir on it.... I have prolly ran 2 gallons of fluid through it.... Today as you got close to lock it would slowly turn itself.... It's pissing me off...,

Scott

Would it make a difference to turn on the ground with the motor running? No idea, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before.

Josh is right on with bad pumps. Unfortunately nowadays most everyone gets their remans from the same supplier.

Another theory: lines reversed? Not sure if possible or not.

Edit: or the steering box is fubar'd.

Not a mod, but an addition.

Going #EAF Lance!

View attachment 1404371

Holy COW!

That thing is NICEEE! That would look sweet behind my 80 with a shovel attached to the side and my Ozark Trails Dome Tent (8-10 person...no big deal) on top of it strapped down with one of them nets. Axle even looks like a full floater!

You running 93 in that thang Mark?

Fresh plugs and wires of the OEM variety

IMG_3382.JPG
IMG_3385.JPG

Looks like you need to replace that crusty ass distributor or at least shoot some Kyrlons on it.

You bout ready for that Saginaw box?

Tried to upload video.... IH8MUD gods would not let me

Looks like you need to replace that crusty ass distributor or at least shoot some Kyrlons on it.

You bout ready for that Saginaw box?

I meant to de-rust that vacuum advance attachment before I put things back together. It's going to end up bugging me enough to tape it off and paint it.

I was just telling @YotaJosh that Saginaw will be my next modification. So I'll get it from you pretty soon. Wonder how we can figure out if it's a 4 turn or 3 turn box?

Part number above is supposed to be 4.25 turn box.... I used one from a 1968 Impala... It's like 3.5ish lock to lock

Got new box in place and all seems to be working.... Will have to slot bumper holes a wee bit due to new box sticking out about a 1/2" further..... Geeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom