What kinda rear brake pads should I buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If I buy aftermarket rear pads what kinda material should they be. I put some carbon\matalic on the front, are they any good????? cause my back brakes are sqeeking like hell and they are pissing me off.

I just did the 99 LX, used OEM LAnd Cruiser pads(same as LX, and prolly less money) and am very happy with them, the 100's have good brakes so IMOP there is no need for anything but OEM pads.

jersey1 said:
If I buy aftermarket rear pads what kinda material should they be. I put some carbon\matalic on the front, are they any good????? cause my back brakes are sqeeking like hell and they are pissing me off.

I used Wagner Thermo Quiet pads front and back with stellar results.

Any other suggestions? OEM vs. aftermarket?

I need front and rear pad sets.

Also, anything else needed for a pad replacement job? I've never done one before, but it seems straight forward.

Thanks

Order the OEM from cruiserdan and support those who support MUD. (also save some $)

sk8rider said:
Any other suggestions? OEM vs. aftermarket?

I need front and rear pad sets.

Also, anything else needed for a pad replacement job? I've never done one before, but it seems straight forward.

Thanks

Don't you also need to replace the anti-squeal shims w/ the pads and need that special anti-squeal grease? The pads don't come w/ the shims/grease, right?

Jim_Chow said:
Don't you also need to replace the anti-squeal shims w/ the pads and need that special anti-squeal grease? The pads don't come w/ the shims/grease, right?

Normally, you re-use all of the hardware unless a worn or missing item is suspected...Fresh anti-squeel goo is a must, however :)

USE FACTORY PADS !

Quality control on aftermarket pads varies greatly, so you never know what your gonna get. That usually equates to noise/vibration or performance issues..perhaps even excessive wear on other brake components (rotors, etc..) :frown: IMO it (OE) is worth the few extra bucks.

I have never had a problem with Toyota pads. I have had mixed results with others. I reuse the hardware, clean it, check it over, add fresh anti-squeal grease, and it all works fine. When indicated, I buy hardware parts as needed. I used to buy a Toyota kit, but about 10 years ago they started selling the pads separate from the hardware. The dealer told me it was because the hardware was still good and they rarely replaced it. The Toyota pads have not squealed, stop well, and I rarely have rotor problems (I don't turn them).

ordered from dan and he already shipped them! talk about fast...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom