What kinda of diesel engine is this?

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by MiniPigg, Feb 13, 2009.

1. MiniPigg

MiniPigg

Media:
    Albums:
    I am talking with a couple different people about diesel engines. One of the guys just sent me an email with some information I requested. I did let him know the diesel I needed would be used in a diesel conversion for a Land Cruiser. Although he did not give me all the information. Like who made the engine. He did give me the information below.

He said the model number is a 4-cylinder 1796-1500; and serial#: ab50498*4018417e*

So now I am searching to see what kind this is and if I even want to mess with it. I wont hear from the dude again till next week.

2. amaurer

amaurer

thats an odd one, it looks like it may be a Perkins 1004T, which some googling tells me was used in a lot of generators and maybe some renault trucks. size/hp seem to be about right for a swap, good luck with an adapter tho.

google for the first part of the model # (ab50498) to see what I'm getting at.

3. MiniPigg

MiniPigg

Media:
    Albums:
    I wrote a place that sales rebuild kits for perkins. So I hope they can give me the exact nomenclature for the engine and how much a rebuild kit is going to cost.

This engine has a turbo on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.