What kind/size tires are these?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks for the confirmation! That helps a lot.

I think city racer sells 16" rims with the clips. I think they're fairly pricey.

JohnnyC said:​

"yes they fit .... i have the 16" splits on mine.... front and rear disc... "
I concur with Johny!
e.g. Most* of 40-Series that came to Europe were fitted with 16 inch split rims and after 1981 all were equipped with front disc brakes. See mine (German market, 1984 vintage) in our 40 Series Registry:

*Ok, some 1983-84 BJ42s came to Germany with the wagon 16 inch rim.

Last edited:
Great! Thanks, guys! I just ordered a set of 16” split rim wheels.

The 16" toyota split rim is like most toyota parts, a testimony to the toyota engineers. I have been very involved with heavy truck 'multi-piece wheels' for a full 50 years now. The unusual design of the ring (it's cross section) makes it nearly impossible for it to blow off or otherwise fail. The first time I broke down a toyota 16" split, I was shocked at the ingenious and simple way they used the tire's bead to keep the ring firmly in place. I once bought 3 in Canada and ordered the 4th from the toyota dealer in Victoria BC. The first 3 were riveted and the new one was welded, but all 4 cleared the discs on my '79.

Can anyone tell me what kind of tires these are and a size?
Those are Bridgestone Jeep Service 7.50-16LT. Original tires at least in BJ42 which are sold in Northern Europe. Overall diameter is somewhere between 32-33”.
1669540457998.jpeg

That 7.50-16 which comes with the BJ42, what is the 'axle code' on the truck's data plate?

What is the load rating on that 7.50-16 Bridgestone Jeep Service Tire?

That 7.50-16 which comes with the BJ42, what is the 'axle code' on the truck's data plate?

What is the load rating on that 7.50-16 Bridgestone Jeep Service Tire?
Here is one (mine):
53839D26-24A9-47E1-B964-E426638DC395.jpeg

I don’t have the tire anymore, I think there was only 6PR told:
601AEBB8-3431-470B-B26E-60735D08B89E.jpeg

Do the 16" split rim wheels require a tube?

Thanks!

I think city racer sells 16" rims with the clips. I think they're fairly pricey.

I saw these on their website today. I wonder if they are the same width as the European Split Rim 16" wheels??

I saw these on their website today. I wonder if they are the same width as the European Split Rim 16" wheels??
If you mean these, yes they're (stock width):
They're made in Japan and AFAIK nobody imports them to Europe.

PS. One can find here this kind of rims, but wider: (7X16) instead of the stock width (5.5X16). Don't know if they're made in Japan though...

I prefer the more narrow 5.5. I would like to find a set of 5 split rim wheels for sale that are in decent shape.

Me too mate!

Used ones appear from time to time in the Mud.
New at the dealership (in Europe) cost about 200 euros/USD a piece: perhaps in TN too!

PS. One can find here this kind of rims, but wider: (7X16) instead of the stock width (5.5X16). Don't know if they're made in Japan though...

I saw those ones also, they are wider but they also have a 2.5" backspace instead of 3.75 stock (I think?).
The lower backspace + wider rim would mean wheel sticking quite out of the body I think...

You could always do the 16x6 70 series steel wheels. No hubcaps but Def cheaper than the cityracer 16's and available from Toyota.

I run them on my 60 with 255/85's but tried them out on my 40 for awhile as well:

i-V8cpxfD-M.jpg

Me too mate!

Used ones appear from time to time in the Mud.
New at the dealership (in Europe) cost about 200 euros/USD a piece: perhaps in TN too!
I don’t think we even have that option here. I would gladly order a new set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom