What kind/size tires are these?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suzuguru

SILVER Star
Threads
Sorry to use this picture without permission, but it was pulled off this forum somewhere, I think. For the life of me, I could not find where, though. Anyway, Can anyone tell me what kind of tires these are and a size? This is what I'm wanting to get for mine.

B1E346D3-3E23-4038-B389-AFA184401E6B.jpeg

They look like 7.50 16 mud and snow tires on split rims. You can get the tubeless version now a days but can't mount them on that type of rim. The trick would be finding a 16" rim that is only 6" wide.

All the Land Cruisers we had in Bolivia had these tires. They are awesome in the mud.

Last edited:
What he said.

I had a set on my HJ45 when I bought it. Bias ply. Terrible flat spots when they were cold.

Thanks for the info. that kind of brings back a memory or two of talking about this vehicle. I remember asking the owner if those were 16 inch wheels, and he said they were. My wheels are the standard 15 inch x 5.5. There are a few companies that are remaking these old retro tires in tubeless versions. I just don’t know what they call this trade pattern.

you're probably right, but they sure look a bit taller.

That truck the size is 7.50x16 they are 32” or so

If your planning on putting any sort of miles in the rig you may want to reconsider and go radials… bias wear fast … don’t balance well and ride like your spleen is going to pop out

I love the look and loved the traction and loved the loudness … sucked it up and drove it with a smile :)

Btw 235/85r16 is the same size as 7.50x16 but in radial … 32”

255/85r16 is 33”

Michelin xzl you can get in radial sizes of 7.50r16 is 32” and 8.25r16 is 34”

Michelin wear really long but are a hard ride like bias ply’s … they are overkill constructed

That truck the size is 7.50x16 they are 32” or so

If your planning on putting any sort of miles in the rig you may want to reconsider and go radials… bias wear fast … don’t balance well and ride like your spleen is going to pop out

I love the look and loved the traction and loved the loudness … sucked it up and drove it with a smile :)

I was thinking they were 32" or close to that. I plan on getting another set for longer trips. (probably BFG KM2's)

Yeah, that kind of rings a bell about him saying that they weren't his tires.

Michelin xzl you can get in radial sizes of 7.50r16 is 32” and 8.25r16 is 34”

Michelin wear really long but are a hard ride like bias ply’s … they are overkill constructed
On thread about tall&skinny in the tires section we recently had an interesting discussion that the 750R16 XZL is (the last remaining size) labelled "4x4 O/R" while the bigger sizes like 8.25R16 are not, and mounted on a 4wd weight class vehicle the 7.50 are actually quite flexible while the bigger sizes are very hard. 4wd tires vs heavy duty truck tires.

Otherwise, for a radial mud tire in 7.50R16 I also see available the BFG KM3 and the Yohohama X-MT G005.

Last edited:
Did they make the OEM steel wheels in 16" that would clear disc brakes? I would like to have that in a solid rim, but I would even consider a split rim at this point.

Did they make the OEM steel wheels in 16" that would clear disc brakes? I would like to have that in a solid rim, but I would even consider a split rim at this point.
Yes, most markets had 16".
The split 16" (without tabs for caps) is still available as far as I know. Non-split I don't know for sure but would think no.

I was told that the 16” split rims like pictured on the red one here above would work with disc brakes, but I don’t know if that’s correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom