What kind of tip .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
do you use to grease the anti friction pads on OME leaf springs? thx

IMG_6071.jpg

None.
But if you really want to, there are needle tip grease tips that can be used. Lift up the frame high enough so the springs droop way down, then pry a gap between the leafs in question with a big screwdriver - then squeeze in some grease or smear it in there with a thin metal rod or putty knife.

I lubed my springs once. Never did it again. Didn’t seem beneficial.

Yea I've have seen that method, but according to OME they're greasable.. about to install a used set and thought it would help with possible squeaking etc..

omeleafspring.jpg

My experience with squeaking springs is it’s usually caused by polyurethane shackle bushings (and hanger bushings). I once installed “high performance” poly bushings in my springs and a month of so later my truck had suspension squeaks everywhere. What a nightmare.

I got rid of the poly bushings and went back to Toyota’s rubber bushings and the suspension never squeaked again.

My experience with squeaking springs is it’s usually caused by polyurethane shackle bushings (and hanger bushings). I once installed “high performance” poly bushings in my springs and a month of so later my truck had suspension squeaks everywhere. What a nightmare.

I got rid of the poly bushings and went back to Toyota’s rubber bushings and the suspension never squeaked again.
Great i just fitted everything ome bushings... but i did grease 'em down really good..

Yeah you’ll be fine with the OME bushings because they’re fitted inside greasable shackles. You’ll be able to grease them. When I tried poly bushings, I was using the stock Toyota shackles which don’t have a greasing provision.

It's not like you need high pressure for the friction pads. All I do (on my oz patrol with ome leaf packs) is click a grease nipple (spare) into the grease gun. The threaded end of the nipple I just press up into the hole on the friction pad, then a few pumps & it's done. There's probably a big $ome special tool that you are meant to use :)

cheers,
george.

It's not like you need high pressure for the friction pads. All I do (on my oz patrol with ome leaf packs) is click a grease nipple (spare) into the grease gun. The threaded end of the nipple I just press up into the hole on the friction pad, then a few pumps & it's done. There's probably a big $ome special tool that you are meant to use :)

cheers,
george.
There you go- thanks george

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom