What kind of seats are you guys running... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy in the market for some junkyard seats and my local yard has about a billion options, what fits well?

Are there any direct bolt ins?

If you have pics I'd appreciate it.

thanks-

Rezarf <><

In my 40 I have Bestop J**p replacement seats mounted to 1970s vintage Suburban sliders. For my 60 I just bought a pair of Camray buckets which I haven't installed yet. They look like they'll be real comfortable as they are electric with adjustable lumbar. If I remember correctly the width at the widest part was 21 1/2". Don't know if they'll fit in a 40. As for direct bolt-ins. Forget it. It wasn't too hard to adapt the Suburban sliders. Just a little bending in the vice, a couple of holes drilled, and a trip to a welding shop to attach a couple of pieces of steel channel. Everything below the sliders remains stock.

Last edited:
2001 honda civic seats , accord or el sol's are more money.
Simple steel plate welded on and they fit factory brackets , still slide and tilt , are lowest hiegth wise unless you use factory yota seats or remove tank.

I just ordered some pro comp super seats for mine. Haven't come in yet, but the stock tracks on my 79 seats bolt on, so it should be pretty easy to fab up some brackets. Early honda crx seats work pretty well in cruisers and minitrucks too. I've used them and early mr2 seats in a few different rigs. But the sliders don't come off the mr2 seats, which can make them a pain to mount.

isotel said:
Sabb Seats do me good.. Same Width on the brackets, but different length.. Custom mounts were needed.. Heated too!

X2 - Saab 900 turbo circa 1984 - look good, low base height and heated too! :cool:

Power Leather seats out of a 1999 Toyota Solara-$140 fr the pair.

Basically you need something narrow and low. Basically the sport car type buckets work best. Good luck. Keep looking as most dismantlers want 250-500 per seat I found a guy that just wanted to get rid of a pair that had been taking up space.

Dan

I just finished brackets on seats from a honda civic(the ones with the funny head rests). The passenger side is still higher than I would like (there is around 6" between my head and the roll bar padding), so I'm going to remove the sliding tracks and mount the seat fixed to lower it another 1-2". The drivers side is real nice though. I had to make brackets since my fj40 never came with any, or seats for that matter.

I'm running Bestop's Thermal Max seats... Heated seats are SWEET! About $750 for the pair from 4 wheel parts

Peesalot-

The Civics can bolt in after you weld up a mount? To the factory sliders? I am a bit confused but have a good lead on some Civic seats

Rezarf <><

I've got some civic or camry seats in mine not really sure I'll post a pic when I get home!

79 /40 - Seats are from a 2002 Honda Civic - if you want the install pic's PM me

Couple more -

The seats are really comfortable -

they make a huge difference -

they will make you sit about three inches higher which brings your legs closer to the steering wheel - no big deal - but .......

Jeff-

What year cruiser is that? My 40 is a 76 and I have the big towers to lift the seats up over the gas tank, is yours earlier?

I can get celica seats in cloth for 75 each at the local yard, they are like new. But I like the idea of vinyl over cloth...

any opinions?

Thanks in advance-

Rezarf <><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom