What kind of seats are you guys running... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mendocino said:
TLCSKULLS: What did you have to do for brackets?

I was able to mostly use the stock brackets. I bolted in some new crossmembers and bolted the seats to those. I could have welded them, but the PO welded in the seats and I had such a hard time getting them out, i decided drilling and bolting was ok. I should add that my fabrication skills are minimal, so if I can do it, ANYone can.

I am running Corbeau Baha ss seats. They are affordable and work great.

Currently using an Inverted 5-gallon Paint Bucket. :flamingo:

Do you really need a pic? :bounce:

i got nissan motor sports racing seats 'nismo' on ebay real cheap they are real comfortable, fit real nice too.

Recaro racing seats out of a MKII VW Jetta. You can find them on ebay or vwvortex for fairly cheap as a set, or single.

--Chad

My j##p pro comp super seats just came in about 20 minutes ago. These are really nice seats for $190 each. They also have mounting holes roughly 15 inches apart, real close to stock 79 seats. And my 79 tracks are flat and bolt on. I'm pretty stoked, custom seat install with no welding!

ken_79-fj40 said:
My j##p pro comp super seats just came in about 20 minutes ago. These are really nice seats for $190 each. They also have mounting holes roughly 15 inches apart, real close to stock 79 seats. And my 79 tracks are flat and bolt on. I'm pretty stoked, custom seat install with no welding!

Ken-

Shoot some pics man, lets see what they look like and how they are installed.

thanks-

Rezarf <><

Olympic Super Seats from Quadratec, heep slders & custom fab bracket like BTB sells.

Those look sweet!

Are they cloth on the face and vinyl on the sides?

That looks nice, did you fab up the mount?

Rezarf <><

Mine are exactly like dgangle's but all black vinyl. I have the same steering wheel too. But sorry, no digital camera here. I'm stuck in the early 90's. I still like film and not having to answer the phone while i'm driving.

REZARF said:
Those look sweet!

Are they cloth on the face and vinyl on the sides?

That looks nice, did you fab up the mount?

Rezarf <><
Vinly sides/back and cloth front. I wanted cloth to wick the sweat away however they hold allot of water should they get ( gasp) wet. Very comfortable and hold you like your momma's arms. $250-ish each in 2000. I fab'd the bracket based on BTB's version they sell, very proudly I might add at $420.95.

http://store.btbprod.com/cgi-bin/btbprod.storefront

search for their #50-5126.

You and your fancy schmancy seats....

I took out the crappy buckets the PO had and put the stock bench...

Of course, mine aren't quite as comfy after a 5 hour hemerroid bouncer....

And mine are only heated in the summer....

I run Mastercraft Rubicon seats, 2+ inches on the width, next to the Orion transfer the best money put into my rig, 300$ each with added width, 4west Colton CA, Sitting on custom frame that was needed for MAF fuel cell. Ran three days of CMOAB this year and felt great after each run(till third member quit). Other seats I have run are Volvo S-60 heated buckets, nice but leather did not do real well in sun.MTC

I just got my stock bench seats recovered...completely different ride :D

manny
seats.jpg

Just an update on my post yesterday. The pro comp super seats that 4wheel parts sells are pretty much a direct bolt in with stock seat sliders on a 79-up fj40. There are three holes in each corner of the seat base. Two are threaded, one isn't. The one that isn't lines up with the stock sliders perfectly. I used 3/8's bolts with a washer and nylock and bolted the stock tracks to the bottom of the new seats. I had to oval out the holes in the rear of the tracks slightly, but other than that, they were a direct bolt in. Now it's finally stopped raining in NH so I might actually take it for a ride this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom